NBA Thread

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Very deep team. One of the reasons why they probably should win it all. They know their "role" as you say and they take great pride in performing it. Beverly for example...yeah even when the big guys come out they don't have a let down.

Make no mistake, Leonard and George are the headliners, but Beverly is as much of a leader as either of them on that team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Make no mistake, Leonard and George are the headliners, but Beverly is as much of a leader as either of them on that team.

Absolutely, the team is deep on really good defenders and Lou Williams can flat out score. 

PG had a poor offensive game but the depth is such that either PG or Kawhi can have off nights and they have other guys fully capable of stepping up. And they’re just now getting healthy and playing together. Should only get better, and Kawhi in the playoffs - best player now in the game 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Absolutely, the team is deep on really good defenders and Lou Williams can flat out score. 

PG had a poor offensive game but the depth is such that either PG or Kawhi can have off nights and they have other guys fully capable of stepping up. And they’re just now getting healthy and playing together. Should only get better, and Kawhi in the playoffs - best player now in the game 

That is the thing in the 10 minutes I watched...PG's absence and the Clips didn't skip a beat.  Did I mention I hate the Lakers?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rico said:

Many would say he saved the league.

RIP  Commissioner Stern

He had a number of controversial moves and policies, but absolutely. He was largely responsible for changing of the face of the NBA, from things as simple as a dress code for players, to the drug policies, to internationalizing the game. Huge impact.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rico said:

Many would say he saved the league.

RIP  Commissioner Stern

You could argue that he's the most influential person in basketball since Dr. James Naismith. I'm not saying that's absolutely true, but an argument can be made. 

RIP Commissioner Stern

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did not realize that the Pacers had the most home wins in the Eastern conference the past 10 years 

Also made the playoffs in 20 of past 30years. Maybe they don't have any titles but are the model of consistency.

They have had a winning home record for 30 straight years and only San Antonio has had a longer streak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did not realize that the Pacers had the most home wins in the Eastern conference the past 10 years 

Also made the playoffs in 20 of past 30years. Maybe they don't have any titles but are the model of consistency.

Yes they are. You’re hard pressed to find truly BAD years for the Pacers.