NBA Thread

On 12/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

That dude is amazing. The kid is only 20. I thought they had a chance to be a playoff team pairing him with Porzingis, but no way did I see this monster jump from him. And yes, Dallas is playing legit ball, Carlisle is a really good coach, and that team is now balanced and legit. Mavs are a real feel good story this year.

I am not really that surprised about Luka.  The team yes. I kinda thought they could push .500 ball and be in the hunt for a low seed but come up just short.  I think they are the most efficient or one of top effiecient offensive teams in the history of the NBA right now.  It's early so would be hard to believe that would hold up.   Who knows.   It seems the depth of the West may be a myth this year after the top 6.  Maybe some of the surprise underachievers get it going but maybe not.      Helps that GS is taking a year off. didn't see that coming. Anyway Mavs clearly look top 6 and hopefully top 4. Not saying they would be favorites but I feel pretty good about them against any West team except the Clips right now. 

The supporting cast after KP and Luka has really come together for the Mavs.  None of these guys complain about playing time or their roles.   Team chemistry is off the charts.  I was thrilled they got Porzingus but thought he was a loose cannon. Then came the off season accusations and incident back home at a night club.  He is the complete opposite of what I thought personality wise.  He gives such well thought answers in interviews and seems real laid back.   Has even taken some of the blame for some of his actions handling the Knick situation.  You could see some frustration in him as he has some bad shooting and scoring games but his defense is way better than I expected so  he has contributed there big time.   

I'll really miss the season tix packages I split with friends when I lived in Dallas.  Fair trade.  Austin is just way better.  I'll go see them in San Antonio just like Dirk's last game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Don't forget....the first two titles they won, they had both Robinson and Duncan.  If that's not a two superstar lineup.....

Robinson was very much on the decline (and not really a superstar based on performance) and very much taking a back seat to Duncan when they one those two titles with the 99 one coming during a short 50 regular season.  That season was an odd one with really teams full of aging players or future superstars not yet coming into their own in a post Jordan league.    IMO, that was the year the Pacer's really should have broke through and won the championship.  Everyone mentions the brawl year, but they were the clear favorite that year that just caught a Knicks team that caught fire beating the 1 seed Heat as an 8 seed (although their was a 6 game difference between the two due to the shortened season) riding it until the Finals where injures to Ewing and Larry Johnson were enough to do them in. 

Edited by IUALUM03

Pacers win again and now are 20-9  with a win against Sacramento.  Had 7 in double figures which is happening a lot and Justin Holiday had 8 so close to 8 in double figures.  Being a balance team is what is helping the Pacers to this record and I hope when VO comes back he won't think he has to score 25 a game.  Since the 0-3 start the Pacers has the 3rd best record in the NBA.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers win again and now are 20-9  with a win against Sacramento.  Had 7 in double figures which is happening a lot and Justin Holiday had 8 so close to 8 in double figures.  Being a balance team is what is helping the Pacers to this record and I hope when VO comes back he won't think he has to score 25 a game.  Since the 0-3 start the Pacers has the 3rd best record in the NBA.

I’m headed to the bucks pacers game Sunday. Should be an AWESOME game!

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Romeo played 18 min tonight, 3-5 for 6 points and 2 steals, W over Detroit 

Glad to see him inching his way closer to good minutes. Stevens said they will start resting players starting around early January to mid February so I could see Romeo getting plenty of court time.

Regarding Pacers. Start 0-3 and now 20-9 down a superstar. Not bad at all. Can't be more than a few teams who have gone 20-6 during that stretch.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad to see him inching his way closer to good minutes. Stevens said they will start resting players starting around early January to mid February so I could see Romeo getting plenty of court time.

Regarding Pacers. Start 0-3 and now 20-9 down a superstar. Not bad at all. Can't be more than a few teams who have gone 20-6 during that stretch.

The P’s have the third best record since sometime in November. They have a solid deep team. If Vic comes back well i do think they’ll make some noise, regardless, well set up for next season. 

Side note - does anyone actually like auto-correct? Every time I type well it converts to we’ll and “does” goes to dies lol (and just now when I typed dies it converted to dues). 😑

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The P’s have the third best record since sometime in November. They have a solid deep team. If Vic comes back well i do think they’ll make some noise, regardless, well set up for next season. 

Side note - does anyone actually like auto-correct? Every time I type well it converts to we’ll and “does” goes to dies lol (and just now when I typed dies it converted to dues). 😑

When I type 'Suck Squad' it auto corrects to 'Purdue'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Apparently this Porzingis guy is pretty good even without Luka. 22 & 18 in a win vs Philly.

The Knicks front office is so bad lol 

I thought DALLAS had a chance to be a playoff team with him and Doncic but man I didn’t see that jump from Doncic. Contrasting the Dallas front office with the Knicks ....

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I thought DALLAS had a chance to be a playoff team with him and Doncic but man I didn’t see that jump from Doncic. Contrasting the Dallas front office with the Knicks ....

That is seriously going to be one of the worst trades in pro sports history. KP makes it inexcusable anyway, but hey, let's toss in Hardaway, Lee and Burke. All for a struggling 1st rounder, 2 1sts and cap space to sign a talented but me-first Kyrie and a guy who won't play for a year.

Yeah...that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Auto correct-Used to be a pet peeve of mine with people now I've just given up....including my own voice texting. Funny part is I was sending a client a text the other day and it picked up sports talk radio in background. Oops.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I love seeing Kylie struggle. I soak it in.

and that’s an auto correct and I’m gonna leave it right there...

• Haha 2