NBA Thread

So occasionally I have to play adult and be in certain places where I normally don't want to be in or need to be in. Today I had to meet with a client at the place that Tinsley tried to shoot up back in the day. Anyway....was on an elevator and the guy next to me was talking (miraculously with cell signal still) on his phone. All he said was you want what for Turner. 

My question is this for those who follow NBA far more closely than I. Is Turner on the block? Would it be better to move him now or in off season? Just thought it was odd to hear someone actually say his name like that. 

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So occasionally I have to play adult and be in certain places where I normally don't want to be in or need to be in. Today I had to meet with a client at the place that Tinsley tried to shoot up back in the day. Anyway....was on an elevator and the guy next to me was talking (miraculously with cell signal still) on his phone. All he said was you want what for Turner. 

My question is this for those who follow NBA far more closely than I. Is Turner on the block? Would it be better to move him now or in off season? Just thought it was odd to hear someone actually say his name like that. 

Isn’t it past the trade deadline?? Sure you didn’t hear someone offering him off his fantasy team?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Isn’t it past the trade deadline?? Sure you didn’t hear someone offering him off his fantasy team?

I wouldn't have asked if I thought otherwise. Assuming by the double ?? it is past the trade deadline?? Just curious actually. Let me know if you know the rules on trades. Thanks! ??

Lamb news is the shitty icing on top of the cake of the debacle at Toronto. In part, just an awful shooting night. But the Pacers have not looked very good since Oladipo got back. Hopefully they can pull it together and have good playoff showing. That doesn't even mean winning a series, depending on the matchup. But just competing as opposed to last year against Boston. That said, right now I'm not at all confident that will happen.

I'm a little overdue on my weekly or monthly complaint. I know $ is important but I really hope Yogi gets a chance to play somewhere next year and moves as far from Sacramento's bench as he can. $500k per month to sit on the bench is good work if you can find it but hard to see sitting game after game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm a little overdue on my weekly or monthly complaint. I know $ is important but I really hope Yogi gets a chance to play somewhere next year and moves as far from Sacramento's bench as he can. $500k per month to sit on the bench is good work if you can find it but hard to see sitting game after game.

Get him to Indy...

BTW...OG with 32 last night in a loss to the Nuggets.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rico said:

Get him to Indy...

BTW...OG with 32 last night in a loss to the Nuggets.

Anywhere that needs a backup PG who can push the pace and hit open shots. Bias aside...I know he can play in this league. Just want him to get a shot. Nice to see OG healthy and getting his minutes. Same for Bryant last night too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

What a huge miss that was for the Pacers...

That's the thing. I think Pritchard is pretty good and quite honestly really good with what he has to deal with. In this rare instance though.....dude is sitting 60 miles South of Bankers Life and you head for hoops players in Westwood. Of course I know someone will say yes.....but the last time we chose a guy from UCLA over IU it worked out, right? 

Anyway. Glaring miss.

Do you guys remember when we were recruiting Shake Milton a few years back and he chose SMU? 

If you’re watching the nba the last couple weeks you’ve seen this but that kid Has just exploded since getting the chance to play in Philly with Simmons injured. 39 points against the clippers, 7-9 from 3, he’s I think 1 made 3 away from breaking the nba record for consecutive made 3’s. 
talk about making the most of your opportunity 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Do you guys remember when we were recruiting Shake Milton a few years back and he chose SMU? 

If you’re watching the nba the last couple weeks you’ve seen this but that kid Has just exploded since getting the chance to play in Philly with Simmons injured. 39 points against the clippers, 7-9 from 3, he’s I think 1 made 3 away from breaking the nba record for consecutive made 3’s. 
talk about making the most of your opportunity 

That’s the key in NBA. This is the time of year kids make themselves big money.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Regarding Yogi, I have always considered Fred Van Fleet to be a peer.  They were in the same class, or close to it.  Very comparable talents, IMO.  Van Fleet plays critical minutes for a top team.  

So much of professional sports is simple opportunity and being in the right place at the right time.

Absolutely. And Yogi was doing well in Dallas, but he took the opportunity with more money in Sacto -- I think that was a mistake, but you never know, now Dallas has Luca D etc. Yogi needs a change of scenery, imo.