NBA Thread

Wow! Sounds like Pacers could be without Lamb (season), Oladipo, Brogdon, Warren, and Sampson tonight. Apparently Bulls just got a boatload of injured guys back. Although Lavine may not suit up. Should be interesting. Overall, I've liked Brogdon, but he has lived up to his Bucks injury-prone record. Vic warmed up before last game. Wonder how expected or unexpected it would have been for him to miss 3 straight, assuming he doesn't go.

Edited by D-BONE

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Brogdon might be done for the season. Pacers can’t catch a break.

There's definitely some bad luck floating around. That said, the only concern on Brogdon in Milwaukee was he was somewhat injury prone. Time will tell, but now you look at a team depending on three guys in its future core recovering from season-ending injuries. Two of which - Oladipo and Brogdon - are arguably your two best players, and definitely our starting guards. I hope Brogdon makes a full recovery. If the injury struggle persists with him though, I think that move opens up to some fair questioning.

• Like 1

My top 5 under 21:

1.) Luka Doncic(This kid is a walking triple double almost, plus has his team firmly in the playoff race.  Add another scorer and this team is very scary)

2.) Zion Williamson(Small sample size this season  BUT has the looks to be the NEXT guy if he can develop a more consistent outside shot besides lobs and dunks, similar to Giannis)

3.) Jayson Tatum(Well rounded kid that gets it done across the board for pts, boards and assists.  He's just starting to come around to what is potential could be)

4.) Ja Morant(A go get er, can help others around him.  A walking double double, especially when the Grizz are fully healthy.)

5.) Trae Young(Can shoot lights out and can average double figure assists nightly, however, he's not moving the needle in terms of his team winning games IMO, needs more help, will Capela help move the needle?) 

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think approaching 2 full seasons is big enough sample size to admit how badly I was wrong. I never thought Trae Young would translate to this level at NBA. Kid just gets buckets and scores and scores and scores. 

I always thought he translated....he is Steph Curry 2.0 Can't play defense, shoot from anywhere, a lot of flash in his game but with the current rules plays no fear of catching a forearm lol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

My top 5 under 21:

1.) Luka Doncic(This kid is a walking triple double almost, plus has his team firmly in the playoff race.  Add another scorer and this team is very scary)

2.) Zion Williamson(Small sample size this season  BUT has the looks to be the NEXT guy if he can develop a more consistent outside shot besides lobs and dunks, similar to Giannis)

3.) Jayson Tatum(Well rounded kid that gets it done across the board for pts, boards and assists.  He's just starting to come around to what is potential could be)

4.) Ja Morant(A go get er, can help others around him.  A walking double double, especially when the Grizz are fully healthy.)

5.) Trae Young(Can shoot lights out and can average double figure assists nightly, however, he's not moving the needle in terms of his team winning games IMO, needs more help, will Capela help move the needle?) 

Man Celtics fleeced the 6ers in that trade. Got the best player by a long shot and extra picks.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

My top 5 under 21:

Lots of time to watch these outstanding players grow their games and see who ends up with the better careers --

For now, and just my take, I'd put Ja ahead of Zion. Zion has had some really big moments, but he has limited, flat-foot shooting at this stage, whereas Ja is an amazing all-around player -- as of now, I think Ja is the better all-around player. I'd go

1. Doncic -- no real dispute here, imo. His percentages are going down as teams are now focusing on him and have scouted him over time, but still.

2. Jason Tatum

3. Devin Booker -- he's on the Suns, but pretty hard to keep him off this list. Imagine if he played for the Celtics. I put Tatum above him but had to think about it. Tatum has a really solid all-around game imo, but Booker is pretty damn good. And I'd take him over Trae Young any day of the week.

4. Ja Morant

5. Zion, probably -- but guys like Trae and Jamal Murray have a dog in this fight, imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lots of time to watch these outstanding players grow their games and see who ends up with the better careers --

For now, and just my take, I'd put Ja ahead of Zion. Zion has had some really big moments, but he has limited, flat-foot shooting at this stage, whereas Ja is an amazing all-around player -- as of now, I think Ja is the better all-around player. I'd go

1. Doncic -- no real dispute here, imo. His percentages are going down as teams are now focusing on him and have scouted him over time, but still.

2. Jason Tatum

3. Devin Booker -- he's on the Suns, but pretty hard to keep him off this list. Imagine if he played for the Celtics. I put Tatum above him but had to think about it. Tatum has a really solid all-around game imo, but Booker is pretty damn good. And I'd take him over Trae Young any day of the week.

4. Ja Morant

5. Zion, probably -- but guys like Trae and Jamal Murray have a dog in this fight, imo.

Booker is under 21?

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Vic got a little excited when we were up 3 and he went down and shot the 3 on the break

Yeah. I winced at that one.  But, overall a great night for him.  Good to see he still has it in him coming back from the injury.  

Weird game.  For three and a half quarters, the whole crowd, myself included, thought the Pacers were dead.  People were leaving.   The switch turned just like that and the game was so incredibly intense the last few minutes.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Yeah. I winced at that one.  But, overall a great night for him.  Good to see he still has it in him coming back from the injury.  

Weird game.  For three and a half quarters, the whole crowd, myself included, thought the Pacers were dead.  People were leaving.   The switch turned just like that and the game was so incredibly intense the last few minutes.

My brother and his wife has a 10 game plan and last night they were at the game