Losing recruits

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Glenn Robinson III, Kevin Pritchard, Josh McRoberts, Chris Hunter, Winston Garland, Scott Haffner, Tellis Frank

I mentioned Haffner earlier, although he did come back and play at Evansville.  But anyway, I went to college with his best friend.

35 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

How did I not know that?!  Thanks!

IU fans always talk about losing Larry Bird but he never played a game for us.  Purdue had Macy and his frosh numbers were splendid...and they ran him off.

12 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Dylan Windler- Bellmont...possible 2nd round draft pick from Indy

Fans would have killed Crean for signing this kid.  He took enough flak at the time for OG.  Your point is a good one though,  he looks like he definitely could have helped this team.

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Fans would have killed Crean for signing this kid.  He took enough flak at the time for OG.  Your point is a good one though,  he looks like he definitely could have helped this team.

Disagree.

Kid was brought up surrounded by the culture of Indiana basketball. Most likely had excellent coaching in high school and played against good competition.

The skewering of Crean was over the recruiting of kids like Priller 

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Disagree.

Kid was brought up surrounded by the culture of Indiana basketball. Most likely had excellent coaching in high school and played against good competition.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have been good but as an unranked recruit, Crean would have caught hell.  Grant Gelon was a 2 star and that signing was ridiculed.  Windler played at Perry Meridian and I don't think they play a very tough schedule (at least they didn't this year) although the competition was probably better than what Gelon faced.

19 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Dylan Windler- Bellmont...possible 2nd round draft pick from Indy

Thing is...I think that kid transfers out of IU. Creans style of basketball didn’t fit this kid and he has received excellent coaching there at Belmont. He fits the mold of that program. I don’t think he nearly reaches his potential under Crean.

On 3/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Disagree.

Priller is on Incarnate Word's thread on lost recruits.  :coffee:

Archived