Clifton Moore

I don't like to see kids transfer either, but I'm at the point where I'm going to give Archie a long leash (working within the rules of course) to build his team and potentially save his job. We may not like some of it, but if on and off the court this team and culture improve, then I for one will be satisfied. And Archie may have tried to convince him to stay.

Since things have been going rough, some fresh faces, attitudes and skill sets interests me for sure.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

He couldnt have been any worse than some,he should have got more PT after the Penn St. game

We have no idea what goes behind the scenes like how his work ethic is or how hard he works.  Does he come into the gym on his own and work on his game or does he just do the bare minimum to stay on the team.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We have no idea what goes behind the scenes like how his work ethic is or how hard he works.  Does he come into the gym on his own and work on his game or does he just do the bare minimum to stay on the team.

Didnt Archie say something about him not practicing hard??...only one that i know of putting in extra time was Durham. 

45 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Sad, but not surprised.  He wants to play...I don't blame him for that.

Good luck, Clifton...

I view this much the same as what happened to Grant.  End of season sit downs with the coach.  Was told that there was not going to be any more  PT for him, than his first two seasons on the team . Differing, possibly,  only in that we know that Grant Gelon wanted to stay.  Too early to tell if the is/was the case with Clifton.

Honestly... in either case.  It's not easy for a coach, either.   However kudos to Coach Miller, for making hard decisions, only in an effort to make his team better. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Addition, by subtraction.

Mile, I know you didn't mean it this way, and yes, I am taking it slightly out of context....

Without reading the rest of your post, it's easy to see you saying IU just got better without adding anything.  In part, this is what you said as there are no new additions (we know about, and maybe you do).  Either way, I do not like seeing such a statement made about a transfer.

It's likely I am unreasonable asking that such statements not be made.

Best of luck Clifton, I hope you are given greater opportunity and take full advantage of the blessing.

7 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Mile, I know you didn't mean it this way, and yes, I am taking it slightly out of context....

Without reading the rest of your post, it's easy to see you saying IU just got better without adding anything.  In part, this is what you said as there are no new additions (we know about, and maybe you do).  Either way, I do not like seeing such a statement made about a transfer.

Best of luck Clifton, I hope you are given greater opportunity and take full advantage of the blessing.

First. And foremost.  I have nothing against Clifton. Personally think he is a wonderful kid.... and is doing himself a favor by moving on.

Addition by subtraction : Just take a look at his PT numbers for the last couple of years.  I could not see him getting more, going into the future.  Let's open up a scholarship for someone who, hopefully can get more PT, in just one season than Clifton got in two.

Lastly... after checking the college bb transfers for the past two seasons..... the majority were guys, like Clifton who were not getting much to any PT.

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

He’s absolutely right. It’s addition by subtraction. A scholarship doesn’t guarantee anything. If you don’t produce you will get recruited over. If we didn’t do this - some players would relax and think they have a free ride in Btown 

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

He’s absolutely right. It’s addition by subtraction. A scholarship doesn’t guarantee anything. If you don’t produce you will get recruited over. If we didn’t do this - some players would relax and think they have a free ride in Btown 

Thank you 987.  My post in no terms was meant to be disrespectful of Clifton. Clifton saw little no none PT in two years for him.  Who knows what the future holds for him?

Personally, unlike Grant Gelon.... the BB gods shine upon Clifton, and he can wind up some where.... where he can fulfill his BB dreams.

I wish only the best for Clifton.  Really believe for him, the old saying... when one door closes.... another opens up.   It's happened to a number of IU players in the past.  No reason it can't for Clifton.

Fact is, as long as Archie fills all 13 schollies, there will be 4-5 guys not getting enough PT, and we will have transfers.  Archie is going to play 8, 9 at most.  Even with all the injuries this year, Cliff, Jake, Damezi, and to a lesser extent, Race, could not get on the floor.  Sure, we can fill the scholarship, but why?  It will just mean we will have one more player unhappy with PT next season.  

Archived