Vijay Blackmon transferring

KDB

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Because we basically played a 3 guard lineup last year and the guy that led us in minutes per game is gone...Hunter won’t replace all those minutes alone. Also McRoberts effort minutes are available too. If Vijay is ready he may very well get some minutes to help us with some shooting.

19 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

2-guard was the one area that the injury bug didn't hit all that hard. Romeo had the thumb, but played really damn well with it. Green and Durham were durable. If Vijay was 6'9" and not getting minutes last year, I'd have the same question.

Going to take both of your points and kinda address them at the same time.....

We did play a 3 guard line-up last year and we had Rob go down for several games, Green missed a couple of different spurts.  Al and Romeo were pretty steady, Damezi was available but struggled with the defense and McBob, while i loved what he brought to the floor just wouldnt or couldnt spread the floor for us.  If there is anything that has been made clear since JBJ got to IU its that there isnt a shot a Blackmon wont take...and probably hit; so why didnt Vijay get a chance given the opprotunities that presented themselves last year?? 

As far as next year goes: yes, McBob and Romeo are gone but we have Damezi comming into his 2nd year, Franklin comming in and what the majority thinks will/could be the biggest factor is a healthy Hunter.  I just dont see what would have happened for Vijay to take minutes from those 3 when he couldnt do it last year in a similar situation??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

And i get all that.  But, if CAM has in fact told him he would see more playing time next year....what changed?  We had the need for an outside shooter last year in the worst way, how would he go from a mop up guy to, im guessing at best a rotation player???  

Interesting question you pose there.

We have one less rotation guard now. And let’s be honest he was never gonna play much at SG with Romeo here. 

From what I hear he’s not much of a PG. wasn’t going to play over Green or Phinisee. 

Or maybe it just comes down the quality of programs willing to offer him a scholarship weren’t there and we honestly have 2 to spare now that we have whiffed. 

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

Going to take both of your points and kinda address them at the same time.....

We did play a 3 guard line-up last year and we had Rob go down for several games, Green missed a couple of different spurts.  Al and Romeo were pretty steady, Damezi was available but struggled with the defense and McBob, while i loved what he brought to the floor just wouldnt or couldnt spread the floor for us.  If there is anything that has been made clear since JBJ got to IU its that there isnt a shot a Blackmon wont take...and probably hit; so why didnt Vijay get a chance given the opprotunities that presented themselves last year?? 

As far as next year goes: yes, McBob and Romeo are gone but we have Damezi comming into his 2nd year, Franklin comming in and what the majority thinks will/could be the biggest factor is a healthy Hunter.  I just dont see what would have happened for Vijay to take minutes from those 3 when he couldnt do it last year in a similar situation??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You don’t have to convince me that Vijay isn’t a major contributor or shouldn’t be seen as a difference maker...but something has changed and Archie has supposedly reached out and wants him back. From my feelings Archie trusts Vijay who has been in his system a couple years now more than bringing in a transfer. He has had to say something to the kid to convince him not to leave now...regardless what we think.

Archived