OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just heard of another guy on the way out. Will wait on it. 

For those of us that don't follow as closely. Are these transfers because better players coming in? Or were they beat out for playing time? Or  just normal because first year head coach? Thanks for all of the information you bring!

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For those of us that don't follow as closely. Are these transfers because better players coming in? Or were they beat out for playing time? Or  just normal because first year head coach? Thanks for all of the information you bring!

I'm pretty sure it's a combination of all three. We have one more out of state kid we're recruiting... he's a big time recruit, higher rated than the KY kid I talked about before... and I think he'd be our top overall recruit if we were able to get him. He was committed to a CWS team, but backed out of his LOI (not sure why)... so we'll see what happens. 

I guess I dont really need to be cryptic since the kid is uncommitted. 

Kyle Westfall OF from IMG academy. He got out of his LOI from Texas Tech, they had some kids who didnt sign right away for the pros, like they thought they would.. so he wasnt going to play right away. 

230 recruit overall. We have a legit shot here. 

Some updates: 

Perfect games rankings went public today for 2019 class. (Kyle Westfall the TTU decommit that I was talking about was 138th overall, so it's too bad we couldn't cash in) 

Vecrumba was ranked 168

Hacker (the Ky Mr Baseball) 392

Voth 454

Walker 485 

Every other player received a Top 500 ranking (not sure exactly what that means) 

But from past years.. guys who have received that ranking- Barr, Sommer, Bierman, Ashley, Manous, Saalfrank, Milto, Lloyd. 

This is a really good recruiting class. 

Side note Reese Sharp not being ranked by Perfect Game is insane. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Some updates: 

Perfect games rankings went public today for 2019 class. (Kyle Westfall the TTU decommit that I was talking about was 138th overall, so it's too bad we couldn't cash in) 

Vecrumba was ranked 168

Hacker (the Ky Mr Baseball) 392

Voth 454

Walker 485 

Every other player received a Top 500 ranking (not sure exactly what that means) 

But from past years.. guys who have received that ranking- Barr, Sommer, Bierman, Ashley, Manous, Saalfrank, Milto, Lloyd. 

This is a really good recruiting class. 

Side note Reese Sharp not being ranked by Perfect Game is insane. 

Sharp probably didn’t play in any big perfect game events during his travel ball season the last couple of seasons.

48 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Sharp probably didn’t play in any big perfect game events during his travel ball season the last couple of seasons.

Is that the only criteria for being ranked?

If so, then these are nothing more than guesses. 

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

Is that the only criteria for being ranked?

If so, then these are nothing more than guesses. 

Perfect game ranks players based off of their performance in their tournaments. At their tournaments they track a players velocity’s, foot speed, and overall performance during their events. Then they rank the players based on that. 

15 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Perfect game ranks players based off of their performance in their tournaments. At their tournaments they track a players velocity’s, foot speed, and overall performance during their events. Then they rank the players based on that. 

Meh lame. 

It's official that Dunkelberger and Holtz are transferring. Hearing there are two more.. one I've mentioned. 

Subtract:

6 transfers 

5 JRs leaving early for the draft

6 SRs.... 17 total

Add: 

3 grad transfers 

3 JUCOs

1 RS Fr 

16 true FR... 23 total

This is fairly normal in baseball. Next year we will have 5 SRs and a whole slew of draft eligible JRs and one draft eligible SO (Richardson).. so I believe a fair amount of these FR will RS. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived