Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talked to Trey on Saturday.  He is thinking through some pretty unique stuff in what has been a frustrating summer. I've said for months that I like where IU is here, and I feel even more confide

The IU staff is really confident. And that’s not a guess. 

There is one central figure in this recruitment that is causing Nick to overreact here, and also causing the 247 guys to misreport that there is some kind of tension between Lander and Kaufman.  IU is

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is we can't blame Archie for the last 25 years of mediocrity.  He has been here 3 years and why not let him try to build the program back up before tryng to tear him down.

I have not been super happy with his first three years.  I said if he made the tournament last year I would back off a bit.  I think we would have been in had the season not canceled.  There are things to like with him and there are quite a few things where jury is out IMO.  I expect another big step forward this year.

As to blaming him for the past 25 years, no, not fair.  But he was hired to fix that problem right?  So if my shower has been broke for several weeks and a few repair men have not been able to fix, then I call and ask you...the first few times you fail you get a pass.  Eventually though, I start to blame you for the fact that my shower is still broke and you are a continuation of the other guys who could not fix it.

That being said, we appear to have pieces in place where we should see better results this year.  Year 4 now, it is put up or shut up time.  That is why I have said that Trey really does not matter.  What happens with the guys on this team is what matters.  If they make a big positive step forward, recruiting will take care of itself.  If we see a continuation of the past 12 to 13 years, I think the recruits also do not matter.  Miller has talent and he has guys who have gotten old in his program.  If he is going to get it done at Indiana, this has to be the year he shows it.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Knight had success on the court. Big difference. 

For 3 years I’ve listened to how Archie needs his players.  Well he just missed on one. 

He has his players this year, no excuses from anyone for that reason.  I should say they shouldn’t use it.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Knight had success on the court. Big difference. 

For 3 years I’ve listened to how Archie needs his players.  Well he just missed on one. 

Maybe that player is already on the roster in Geronimo.  Oh I forgot the sky is falling.  some of you guys just crack me up that you come out of the walls when you see the first sogn of a problem.  Do I wish he picked IU yes but one recruit does not make IU either.

• Like 1

Well for me this is not even close to losing Eric Montross or Sean May if you asked me.  It is not even in the range of not getting Oden and Conley and probably not Gary Harris as well.  Trey is a very good player who would have been very good for IU and he seems like the type of kid that is a good role model.  He is not a generalization player who we can't survive without either.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wow did not realize this was first indiana recruit to ever go to Purdue

I would have liked to have Troy Lewis come to IU but he went to Purdue but did not miss him at all.  His senior year at Purdue was the year we won our last national championship.