Aminu Mohammed Commits to Georgetown

KDB

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still completely in awe or I guess shock that Louisville is even in this thing. I get why Louisville is attractive I do....but don't these players/coaches realize they still have a hammer coming??? 

I read somewhere that Aminu was pretty good friends with Zion Harmon and Louisville turned him away basically. Aminu in turn wasn’t happy with that. I can’t remember where I saw that though

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still completely in awe or I guess shock that Louisville is even in this thing. I get why Louisville is attractive I do....but don't these players/coaches realize they still have a hammer coming??? 

Why would a kid care...top kids are only looking at the NBA...doesn’t matter if they get a post season ban. That’s what I’ve heard most say at least. Besides you can just transfer out if it happens...a big “IF” if you ask me. You are talking about stuff that happened when these kids were like in junior high.

47 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I read somewhere that Aminu was pretty good friends with Zion Harmon and Louisville turned him away basically. Aminu in turn wasn’t happy with that. I can’t remember where I saw that though

From things I gathered we are in very good shape look out for Maryland and UL trying to get back in it

30 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://stockrisers.com/2020/04/12/five-star-aminu-mohammeds-guardian-shawn-harmon-talks-programs-involved/

I know it’s the kid’s decision at the end of the day but his guardian, in my opinion, makes it sound like we’re in the lead. 

Does go in more depth, but also talking visits and getting to campus, so maybe he won’t be the next domino...either way if we get him I’d be happy

6 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

https://stockrisers.com/2020/04/12/five-star-aminu-mohammeds-guardian-shawn-harmon-talks-programs-involved/

I know it’s the kid’s decision at the end of the day but his guardian, in my opinion, makes it sound like we’re in the lead. 

Once again we see work ethic mentioned. Consistent theme for Archie’s recruits 

On 4/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, Hoosierdave said:

You telling me that a GUARDIAN intervention may actually be in our FAVOR??  Wow, that's a FIRST!

On 4/8/2020 at 2:39 PM, dwtaylor1055 said:

Per @jakeweingarten on twitter, Aminu Mohammed's guardian, shawn harmon, told Stockrisers that he spoke with Indiana's Archie Miller and their recruitment of him will pick up, heavily.  He had a "great visit" in jan.  Expect a heavy pursuit here.  Kansas St and Louisville also in on Aminu hard

I believe this Jake guy covers for Louisville basketball recruiting

I've watched a couple vids on this kid and let me get one thing straight right now.  I have a prob with "their recruitment of him will pick up", are you kidding me?  It took all of 60 seconds to tell me this kid is NBA bound and I really don't need anymore information to offer this kid a ticket.  The #1 thing that stood out the most is his body is B10 ready right now and will dominate any league he or his handlers choose.  A must get IMO and if he does choose elsewhere, please don't be in the B10.

13 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Yep, and hand-in-hand with it are how good they are as students.

Yep. I’d encourage folks to watch some longer clips of his on YouTube (not just the highlights). He plays with a distinct energy on both ends. He had a ton of plays that most kids would showboat or flex after, and he did none of that (with the exception of a couple of big plays in a close game). 

I’ve watched a ton of his footage in this shutdown so I don’t want to ramble, but I really believe he’s the best 2021 prospect for us and is a great fit for Archie’s offensive and defensive philosophies.

42 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

Yep. I’d encourage folks to watch some longer clips of his on YouTube (not just the highlights). He plays with a distinct energy on both ends. He had a ton of plays that most kids would showboat or flex after, and he did none of that (with the exception of a couple of big plays in a close game). 

I’ve watched a ton of his footage in this shutdown so I don’t want to ramble, but I really believe he’s the best 2021 prospect for us and is a great fit for Archie’s offensive and defensive philosophies l.

Hey.... Welcome to the forums IUBBBanners!!! 

42 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

Thanks! Long-time lurker and I figured i have no excuse for not joining now that we’re all quarantined! 

My only advice is you may regret joining with that user name...because it might not be long before you have to change that user name! I got a good feeling about where this program is headed!! And welcome!!!!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

My only advice is you may regret joining with that user name...because it might not be long before you have to change that user name! I got a good feeling about where this program is headed!! And welcome!!!!

Just an FYI. User names can be changed.  Just shoot off a PM to Hoosier Faithful.  Let's hope 5 banners gets a chance to change his user name.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I've been Seeking6 for so long on this and other boards. I'd welcome a change. 

2 hours ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

I’ve watched a ton of his footage in this shutdown so I don’t want to ramble, but I really believe he’s the best 2021 prospect for us and is a great fit for Archie’s offensive and defensive philosophies l.

Why, it took 30 seconds for me to fall in love with this kid and what he could do from day 1.  Kid is in BEAST mode as a Highschooler, kind of like whats his name from Duke, ZION?  I kid but I see the same similarities for his position just how he is built at this stage.  Alright I dont kid, I see him being the Zion of the guards and really hope CAM ramped up his recruiting LOL.

24 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Why, it took 30 seconds for me to fall in love with this kid and what he could do from day 1.  Kid is in BEAST mode as a Highschooler, kind of like whats his name from Duke, ZION?  I kid but I see the same similarities for his position just how he is built at this stage.  Alright I dont kid, I see him being the Zion of the guards and really hope CAM ramped up his recruiting LOL.

Oh I know, I was just so shocked at how much I loved his game and fit considering how little talk his name was getting on the boards. I figured the fan base doesn’t want to get too excited about our chances with these top recruits, and people may not have gone out of their way to watch him. To me, the way this kid plays D and approaches the game just screams fan favorite.

He looks like he could legitimately bring a 6’5 205lb athletic presence Day 1. Just imagine what he could be once Coach Marshall gets his hands on him 👀👀

35 minutes ago, IUBBx5Banners said:

Oh I know, I was just so shocked at how much I loved his game and fit considering how little talk his name was getting on the boards. I figured the fan base doesn’t want to get too excited about our chances with these top recruits, and people may not have gone out of their way to watch him. To me, the way this kid plays D and approaches the game just screams fan favorite.

He looks like he could legitimately bring a 6’5 205lb athletic presence Day 1. Just imagine what he could be once Coach Marshall gets his hands on him 👀👀

Yeah, once I seen 30 sec's of film I tried not to get too excited because recruits like this don't chose IU.  My point is, it took me 30 sec's to realize this kids potential and don't quite understand the lack of Immediate "I want you more than anything and you are the missing piece to a NC" type recruitment?  Even Louisville seemed to be "yeah once things get better we'll look into you type mentality"?  You kidding me, this camp seeks the need of being wanted now, not after you see my game live!  I just feel he is that big of a recruit to make him priority 1 without any visits to meaningless AAU games or in home visits to get a feel!  30 sec's is all you need and anything else might leave you on the out looking in!

On 4/11/2020 at 6:10 PM, Billingsley99 said:

From things I gathered we are in very good shape look out for Maryland and UL trying to get back in it

Teams like MD and UL scare me the most and this kid's game looks the part for both programs.  What connection does this kid have to IU, coaches or players?  I'm afraid if we don't make an immediate impression and this recruitment lingers on that the BIG FISH will get the worm.  For IU to be mentioned as favorites for a player of this capability, we should make this kid #1 priority now and not let MD or UL back in it.  I understand CAM may already have done this but haven't seen any reports.

On 3/31/2020 at 12:05 PM, Moyeneeded said:

Hope the staff stays on top of this one! With no visitations due to the virus, I like it that he has been on campus before and had an enjoyable visit.

Let's be honest, does the staff need anymore visitations or see anymore games to not make him priority #1?  I'm sure the staff has seen the same vids as we have on this kid to make an educated decision.  I HOPE anyways.

17 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Teams like MD and UL scare me the most and this kid's game looks the part for both programs.  What connection does this kid have to IU, coaches or players?  I'm afraid if we don't make an immediate impression and this recruitment lingers on that the BIG FISH will get the worm.  For IU to be mentioned as favorites for a player of this capability, we should make this kid #1 priority now and not let MD or UL back in it.  I understand CAM may already have done this but haven't seen any reports.

Agree 100%. 

I don’t recall a specific connection being mentioned. I know he’s been a priority for Bruiser and we’ve had recent success with kids from his AAU program (Troy Williams comes to mind).

From everything I read, LVille and MD are going to be in it till the end. I believe I saw a story a brief while back that MD was recruiting him the hardest. 

Archived