Bryce Hopkins Commits to Kentucky

HoosierJax

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Per mixed reports, Hopkins will not commit on Oct 20th, says he still needs to finish his commitment video. 

Wait. What?

Pass. 

He might as well said "I'm taking my services to Lexington."

Commitment video.....  bwahahahaha.  And yes,  I know we're in a pandemic.  

McHoop

On 10/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, McHoop said:

Wait. What?

Pass. 

He might as well said "I'm taking my services to Lexington."

Commitment video.....  bwahahahaha.  And yes,  I know we're in a pandemic.  

McHoop

Never been either way with this recruitment. We get him cool. We don't that's cool too. I do find it a tad humorous that our Big 10 brethren to the West can't understand why not once but twice a top 30 kid isn't choosing the Illini. 

For those Illini fans that lurk. Having Ayo coming back is great for this year....but questions are alive about Underwood's ability to develop. Top 30 kids aren't lining up if you can't get them to the league in 2 years. I know they've been out of the loop for a decade or so....but top 50 kids want a track record with their coach. Ayo having to come back for year 3? Troubling waters for BU....in terms of future recruiting. Especially in this league.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a question for the board. Didn't we have someone on here that was in charge of the editing for recruits videos? 

Never mind, I thought you meant does the recruit edits (like Tipton top 5). I thought that was @IndySportsPartizan (at least I though that was him) but sorry I’m not sure what you mean now that I read this again.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Never mind, I thought you meant does the recruit edits (like Tipton top 5). I thought that was @IndySportsPartizan (at least I though that was him) but sorry I’m not sure what you mean now that I read this again.

You got it right. I phrased incorrectly. I knew there was someone on here who did the editing for these recruits. ISP sounds right. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a question for the board. Didn't we have someone on here that was in charge of the editing for recruits videos? 

That was me.  I used to make edits for them on my Instagram page @hsrecruitingnews.  I actually just started using the account again but not really making edits anymore.

14 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

That was me.  I used to make edits for them on my Instagram page @hsrecruitingnews.  I actually just started using the account again but not really making edits anymore.

Thanks. I always thought short of the players and parents....the person who would absolutely know where a kid is going is the guy who does the editing for the kids commit video. 

Not sure if this means anything.  We know recruiting is about connections and those who assist with recruiting.  Unless things jave changed, Fenwicks head coach is a New Trier grad, and their past was also one...and Bill Comar is as well.  Could be an interesting connection.  Looks like talk is UK from what people have posted...never know interesting connection.

36 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Please do!

So...word is that when Justin leaves IU, he has a recruiting visit with the Illini coaches. During that visit, he’s complaining about his former IU teammates not passing him the ball when he’s open on the perimeter. He said something like, “There wouldn’t be anyone guarding me on the perimeter and they wouldn’t give me the ball.”

Lol. I died laughing. I wonder why, Justin??  And the story goes that the Illini coaches heard that and kind of looked at each other like, “okayyyy...we’ll be in touch.”  And of course they didn’t take him, the Illinois kid. 

1 hour ago, hoosierfan34 said:

So...word is that when Justin leaves IU, he has a recruiting visit with the Illini coaches. During that visit, he’s complaining about his former IU teammates not passing him the ball when he’s open on the perimeter. He said something like, “There wouldn’t be anyone guarding me on the perimeter and they wouldn’t give me the ball.”

Lol. I died laughing. I wonder why, Justin??  And the story goes that the Illini coaches heard that and kind of looked at each other like, “okayyyy...we’ll be in touch.”  And of course they didn’t take him, the Illinois kid. 

If that's true, it's hilarious...

1 hour ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Ouch...hope that wasn't true. If so, we're definitely better off now. 

8 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

For a kid that is supposed to be very bright, his self-awareness seems a bit lacking

• KDB changed the title to Bryce Hopkins Commits to Kentucky

Archived