Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw highlights, he has 2.  😊

UConn's Javonte Brown cites departure of assistant coach Kenya Hunter as reason he's transferring Brown told Hearst Connecticut Media on Friday that he considered transferring at the time of Hunt

Kenya's hiring just keeps looking better

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Looks like this is ending as quick as it started..no idea but would love to get another Big

 

I agree would be great... but I do not have a lot hope given the lack of chatter here. 

If he was going to commit to IU, I think someone would be talking about it.

Edit: On the UCONN board (boneyard), they think he is leaving because they have too many big men recruits. Unfortunately, this would not be a problem here.

Additional: From the Texas A&M board, sounds like them... and we were not in the running.

 

Edited by GaloisGroupe
New information
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I agree would be great... but I do not have a lot hope given the lack of chatter here. 

If he was going to commit to IU, I think someone would be talking about it.

Edit: On the UCONN board (boneyard), they think he is leaving because they have too many big men recruits. Unfortunately, this would not be a problem here.

Additional: From the Texas A&M board, sounds like them... and we were not in the running.

 

Board was pretty quiet before the Stewart one so who knows...these aren’t typical recruitments.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I read somewhere earlier forget where that Kansas and A&M were the favorites 🤷‍♂️

They were in his final 3 with UConn and he visited both before committing to UConn. But it sounds like he primarily went to UConn due to Kenya Hunter. Also saw some suggestion that proximity to his home in Toronto was a factor 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like every coach has had the same pattern in recruiting. Davis, Crean and now Miller all started out recruiting well and then it started to go down over the years.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It seems like every coach has had the same pattern in recruiting. Davis, Crean and now Miller all started out recruiting well and then it started to go down over the years.

Kids aren’t dumb..they know what a successful program looks like. They can see winning basketball. Who wants to play for a coach who plays one of the most demanding defensive systems and who seems to think offense is secondary in importance is not going to be appealing for many players. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Kids aren’t dumb..they know what a successful program looks like. They can see winning basketball. Who wants to play for a coach who plays one of the most demanding defensive systems and who seems to think offense is secondary in importance is not going to be appealing for many players. 

I get that in general, but A&M has scored in the fifties in 4 of its last five games, losing three of those by 14 to 24 points. They are a bad offensive team

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I get that in general, but A&M has scored in the fifties in 4 of its last five games, losing three of those by 14 to 24 points. They are a bad offensive team

This one probably came down to Hunter and being sort of spurned once. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Or maybe Archie on the hot seat and Hunter may get the boot with him.

Even worst-case and IU lost every single game, I still think Dolson won’t fire him after this year.  Just my $0.02. Short-season, pandemic year, etc. I think he gets one more minimum. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bustout said:

This one probably came down to Hunter and being sort of spurned once. 

He was expected to commit to A&M the first time and kind of surprised when picking UConn. He never visited IU but had been to A&M. I take him at his word that he had a long relationship with them. If he had bad feelings about Hunter I don’t think he would have mentioned IU as a consideration when announcing his transfer 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...