Jump to content

Bossi from rivals predictions


IU Scott
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Thanks for sharing Scott. The winds are definitely shifting to Vandy. While trying to remain objective, part of me wonders if all of these people are picking up on the same "feel" and don't actually have any factual information.

Yeah... I don't think these guys have any specific inside information. Closer to what you said - just "feels" like there's a small trend toward Vandy, and they're going with it. I don't think these predictions give us any clarity. Could be IU, could be Vanderbilt, and no one is really sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

These guys don't have inside sources with hundreds of players per year.  They each might have a scoop on, what, a half dozen?  After that, their colleague might have an inside track, but I have to imagine a lot of this is tea leaves and pure guesswork.  They're not savants.

They have more sources than the average message board poster.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wouldn't want to play in that arena where the benches on  the end of the court.  I guess the question he has to answer is that does he want to go to Vandy and be the man or come to IU and be part of an up and coming team.  Unless Shittu and Romeo goes to Vandy they would not be a great team.  Just look at some of the other top players who went to lower tier programs and see how the worked(Simmons and Fultz).

Edited by IU Scott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just wouldn't want to play in that arena where the benches on  the end of the court.  I guess the question he has to answer is that does he want to go to Vandy and be the man or come to IU and be part of an up and coming team.  Unless Shittu and Romeo goes to Vandy they would not be a great team.  Just look at some of the other top players who went to lower tier programs and see how the worked(Simmons and Fultz).

It's the same argument we use for Romeo. Come to IU and be the man or go to UNC/Kansas and be just another guy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It's the same argument we use for Romeo. Come to IU and be the man or go to UNC/Kansas and be just another guy.

Disagree, it's completely different.  Comparing IU to VANDY is like comparing a luxury item to a commodity in terms of basketball, which in essence you are doing by saying we're using the same tactic for Romeo -- our brand speaks for itself, not Vandy. 

Edited by Hoosier987
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Disagree, it's completely different.  Comparing IU to VANDY is like comparing a luxury item to a commodity in terms of basketball, which in essence you are doing by saying we're using the same tactic for Romeo.  

That is how big the current gap is between how we are recruiting compared to how the top tier teams currently recruit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

That is how big the current gap is between how we are recruiting compared to how the top tier teams currently recruit.

However there are other factors involved i.e., the passion of the fanbase, NBA connections, notoriety, the IU brand, television etc...Heck, speaking of recruiting, we have a new coach who is very capable of closing that gap - if we pull Romeo and Darius, we may have the top class next year. 

Edited by Hoosier987
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Disagree, it's completely different.  Comparing IU to VANDY is like comparing a luxury item to a commodity in terms of basketball, which in essence you are doing by saying we're using the same tactic for Romeo -- our brand speaks for itself, not Vandy. 

Research recent NCAA tournament appearances and players drafted and/or on NBA rosters.  The gap is not as wide as you're making it out to be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Research recent NCAA tournament appearances and players drafted and/or on NBA rosters.  The gap is not as wide as you're making it out to be.

You have your opinion and I have mine.  IMO, as well as the majority of the basketball world would agree that there is NO comparison between Vanderbilt basketball and Indiana basketball - after all there is a reason why many consider us a top 5 - 10 job. not to mention - we also have superior facilities. 

Edited by Hoosier987
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...