Jump to content

Osterman article on De'Ron Davis


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Thanks for sharing Mile!

My pleasure.  I knew much of what was in the story. And have talked with De'Ron's mom, if only  briefly about just basketball stuff.  I thought it was a well done article, and wanted to share it with you all.  I am  pleased all of you liked it.

Now... the job is to keep De'Ron healthy.  The knee knocker in the last exhibition game, caused my heart to skip a beat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Another Zack piece on Davis-

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/11/14/deron-davis-old-coach-and-new-coach-see-his-new-drive-dominate/861521001/

I also read somewhere that after 2 games, Davis leads the NCAA in FG% at over 80%

Thanks for the link.  Yes.... I read De'Ron leads D-1 basketball with a 83% FG%.  How I consider that to be significant is the number of attempts he has taken so far.

And a little bit of a knock on Crean in the respect that Crean wanted De'Ron to work on his outside shooting..... while Miller, is posting De'Ron up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the link.  Yes.... I read De'Ron leads D-1 basketball with a 83% FG%.  How I consider that to be significant is the number of attempts he has taken so far.

And a little bit of a knock on Crean in the respect that Crean wanted De'Ron to work on his outside shooting..... while Miller, is posting De'Ron up. 

No reason for De'Ron to be shooting 3s. Park him in the lane!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

No reason for De'Ron to be shooting 3s. Park him in the lane!

Kind of hoping that Seton Hall attempts to double De'Ron in the post.  Reason being, unlike Vonleh, De'Ron has no aversion to giving the ball up for an open man.  And De'Ron has a unique ability in not only finding the open man, but his passing skills this year seem to be the best I have ever seen him in four plus years of watching him.

Here a video of De'Ron talking about Crean wanting him to work on his corner three an drop three during his last year at Overland.  It starts about 1:30 of the video.

De'Ron Davis Derby Classic - YouTube

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Kind of hoping that Seton Hall attempts to double De'Ron in the post.  Reason being, unlike Vonleh, De'Ron has no aversion to giving the ball up for an open man.  And De'Ron has a unique ability in not only finding the open man, but his passing skills this year seem to be the best I have ever seen him in four plus years of watching him.

Here a video of De'Ron talking about Crean wanting him to work on his corner three an drop three during his last year at Overland.  It starts about 1:30 of the video.

De'Ron Davis Derby Classic - YouTube

 

Still, given IU's outside shooting so far this year, it would be reasonable for Seton Hall to double-team Davis until IU showed that the open man can hit shots.  The good news about Delgado is that he wasn't much of a shot-blocker last year.  The bad news is he's never been foul-prone, so Davis may be unlikely to get him into foul trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BoomBaby said:

Still, given IU's outside shooting so far this year, it would be reasonable for Seton Hall to double-team Davis until IU showed that the open man can hit shots.  The good news about Delgado is that he wasn't much of a shot-blocker last year.  The bad news is he's never been foul-prone, so Davis may be unlikely to get him into foul trouble.

You are right.  It's not like other years, and in specific when we had Vonleh who never looked for the outside shooters, we had who could hit the try.  Still. Open men can set up inside the three point line, instead of outside. And recalling how when we had Cody who starved inside, because our outside shooters hardly looked to feed him. That does not seem to be the case this year with De'Ron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...