What needs to change...

hoosier10

I just watched most of the first half, i had to stop at the 3:34 mark when we had a 3 on 2 break and RoJo pulled up for a three. Here is my take. We have no guards worth a crap. Johnson, newkirk and Green were as bad as i've ever seen play at IU. CuJo is weak and slow. Archie might as well play Durham and let him play through the mistakes. RoJo is still doing the same crap as a freshmen. Newkirk is well Newkirk. We have no one that can dribble. We looked scared and not sure what to do on offense, I put that on the staff. Maybe the staff was just trying to beat a dead horse by trying to teach a group of kids how to play D. Thats what I'm telling myself anyway. No reason to look that lost on offense. Juwan didnt look as bad as it sounded on the radio. So there is a starting point, Juwan and DeRon. Now who do you play with them?

Our guards not once tried to beat a man to a spot. We chased(slowly) all night and kept going underneath screens leaving open shots. Hedging to much by the bigs. Hell half the time we would hedge then run into our own guards trying to get back to there man, leaving the roller and shooter open. Our guards were so slow on D Archie might as well play Zone. He doesn't have the talent to play man. We over helped a ton. I hope that stops.

Now, the good news. I went back a couple of times and watched the first 8 mins. If we make just the lay ups we missed, we are up 6 at the first media timeout instead of down 6. We missed a ton of wide open shots that we have seen these guys make. ISU threw up some crazy stuff that went in. DeRon is a man.

If the guard play comes around we will be ok. If it doesn't, season over. If I were a good recruit out there looking for PT. IU is the place to go. There will be plenty of PT here the next couple years no matter what spot you play.

Another guy who we should expect more from is Morgan.  He has the potential to be a real leader.  He knows the right way to play.  He understands effort, defense, making the right pass, etc.  if the seniors can’t lead, there is no reason why Morgan shouldn’t.  He has every attribute to lead.  He needs to step up.  

24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Another guy who we should expect more from is Morgan.  He has the potential to be a real leader.  He knows the right way to play.  He understands effort, defense, making the right pass, etc.  if the seniors can’t lead, there is no reason why Morgan shouldn’t.  He has every attribute to lead.  He needs to step up.  

He's even verbally expressed his own need to be a real, vocal leader.

Archived