Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Colonialcrester

Northwestern - Indiana game thread

Just checked the weather. Current temp in B-town is 47.  With a predicted low of 31.

IU has played their games early when the weather was great.  Now that the temps have taken a dip.  IU has a night game scheduled.  Makes perfect sense to me ( not ! )

33 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Please get these technical difficulties figured out by 7:00, DirecTV. 

I think it is sun related.  We've had this same thing happen once or twice a year when the sun is in a certain position compared to the satellite.  Always clears up when the sun goes down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I feel I have missed something.  What is the '44' on the helmet representing? 

Number for George Taliaferro..they put a statute of him outside stadium 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I feel I have missed something.  What is the '44' on the helmet representing? 

Honoring George Taliaferro, I believe. 

• Like 1

If we were playing UM or OSU the fumble would have been overturned and the pass interference would not have been called.

PS...Great start (once the clock started..LOL..Two penalties prior to the clock starting. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that).

• Like 3

Just now, Colonialcrester said:

10-0 IU. Great comeback from the 2 penalty start!

Yeah, but could be 16-0.  Settled for the field goal on the first drive and playing it conservative and not going for 2 after the touchdown.  Indiana needs to get it together.  :coffee:

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah, but could be 16-0.  Settled for the field goal on the first drive and playing it conservative and not going for 2 after the touchdown.  Indiana needs to get it together.  :coffee:

I disagree. I think it should be at least 21-0. Should have forced 2 turnovers by now and maybe a touchback. 

Just now, Colonialcrester said:

I disagree. I think it should be at least 21-0. Should have forced 2 turnovers by now and maybe a touchback. 

I'm pissed the defense did not get a safety ion this drive with NW having to start on the 30.

• Like 1