2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

19 minutes ago, rico said:

He is a big guy.  I truly believe the Reds would have liked to keep him.

I think Reds were out of team options. Don't know anything about him other than he had a nasty sinker last year vs Bryant/Contreras who chased bad pitches into the dirt in a crucial game. Otherwise I've got nada.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think Reds were out of team options. Don't know anything about him other than he had a nasty sinker last year vs Bryant/Contreras who chased bad pitches into the dirt in a crucial game. Otherwise I've got nada.

Yes they were out of options.  The guy has talent, or at least has shown glimpses of it.  I am guessing he is around 6-4+ and weighs well over 230.  He can throw hard.  But with Cincy's new starting pitcher "riches" and a dearth of guys in the pen he was DFA'd to make room for Pedro.  The Cubs would have nothing to lose in picking him up.  Try him in ST and see if he fits what they need.  

47 minutes ago, rico said:

He is a big guy.  I truly believe the Reds would have liked to keep him.

Correct but he was unlikely to make the team out of Spring training and he wasn’t going to pass through waivers to make it to Triple A so they just got it over with now.

53 minutes ago, rico said:

Just don't like or agree with two city concept....but I also don't like a very, very good baseball team playing in front of 10k most nights. Wish they could find one city and make that one work whether it's Tampa or Montreal or Orlando or OKC...

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just don't like or agree with two city concept....but I also don't like a very, very good baseball team playing in front of 10k most nights. Wish they could find one city and make that one work whether it's Tampa or Montreal or Orlando or OKC...

I get the feeling MLB wants the Rays in Montreal.

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I get the feeling MLB wants the Rays in Montreal.

I've never been but hear it's a beautiful city and if their fans are willing to embrace a team I wish MLB would say you get it full time. Tampa and their owner and their residents have had their chance. Time to move on.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've never been but hear it's a beautiful city and if their fans are willing to embrace a team I wish MLB would say you get it full time. Tampa and their owner and their residents have had their chance. Time to move on.

Bring back Coco Laboy, Bill Stoneman, and Le Grand Orange!

On 2/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, rico said:

Yes they were out of options.  The guy has talent, or at least has shown glimpses of it.  I am guessing he is around 6-4+ and weighs well over 230.  He can throw hard.  But with Cincy's new starting pitcher "riches" and a dearth of guys in the pen he was DFA'd to make room for Pedro.  The Cubs would have nothing to lose in picking him up.  Try him in ST and see if he fits what they need.  

6'5".   270 lbs. Per Reds bio from last year.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never understood (minus the physicals players have to take) how these things can happen. Are talks off table completely or will they figure it out?

This is what I understand happened.  The Mookie trade hit a snag and the Dodgers quickly pulled Joc back.  This infuriated the Angels management.  Now, apparently, the Mookie trade is back on but the Angels are still pissed.  Now, if and when, MLB approves the Betts deal the Dodgers will have a roster problem.  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

This is what I understand happened.  The Mookie trade hit a snag and the Dodgers quickly pulled Joc back.  This infuriated the Angels management.  Now, apparently, the Mookie trade is back on but the Angels are still pissed.  Now, if and when, MLB approves the Betts deal the Dodgers will have a roster problem.  

Makes sense. Pederson would certainly help but Angels lineup going to be stacked either way I guess.

Archived