2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If it weren't for Theo, these guys might be sitting in a bar listening to Springsteen's "Glory Days"

Worked with Jake Arrieta, Dexter, and a couple others...maybe we strike lightning in a bottle 2-3x this year with players. Personally I don't need or want to see Morrow's name again. Time will tell I guess.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Bingo what?  The Cubs gonna get their guy a year late?  And give up a compensatory pick?  Hell, I am concerned about 2020!!!!!!

Honestly. Probably.

The new TV network $ is coming in.  Just saying I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick C opt out unless he falls in love with Cincy and Reds fans. He mentioned more than a few times he spent so much time playing in empty ballparks like Detroit that Wrigley/Cubs fans were like heaven to him. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly. Probably.

The new TV network $ is coming in.  Just saying I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick C opt out unless he falls in love with Cincy and Reds fans. He mentioned more than a few times he spent so much time playing in empty ballparks like Detroit that Wrigley/Cubs fans were like heaven to him. 

Well, the Cubs can lose and the stands would still be full.  

I saw where there was a 3 way trade talked about but fell apart and it was between the Reds, Indians and the Dodgers.  I guess Lindor would have went to the Dodgers and Seager to the Reds and the Indians would get prospects..  Also the reds talked to the Indians about Lindor but the Reds had trouble that Lindor would be making 25 Million in two years.

Just now, rico said:

Hope Dusty can get that title...well, sort of

I'm torn on him. Always have been. Really like how he manages professionals. Let's them do their thing. On the other hand he ruined 2-3 of the best young arms in baseball with Cubs. Tough one. I think I'm leaning towards him having success.....as long as it's not at Cubs expense.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'm torn too. Good guy...good BASEBALL guy, but a little long in the tooth, and like S6 not sold on his handling of a pitching staff...

This will be the 5th team he's managed...he's only had an overall under .500 record with one...guess who that is?

Cubs?

On 1/25/2020 at 7:26 AM, IUFLA said:

I remember the great Vin Scully when talking about Phillies outfielder Wes Chamberlain saying, "He's the least impressive Chamberlain since Neville."

So...

Steven is the second most famous Sousa to John Philip...

Our prayers are answered...

Yankee fans would say it would be Joba Chamberlain....

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pirates traded one of their best players in Marte to the D-Backs for two prospects so that will move Pirates farther down the standings.

I would venture to say the Pirates have last in the Central sewn up.  But stranger things have happened.

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Cubs need to do something because the southsiders, (White Sox), were killing it during the off season.....

So instead of 28.5 back in their own division they'll be 17 back this year? Lots of chirping at 35th and Shields. Sorry if I'm not buying their PR to move to sell tickets early this year on non dime beer night games. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

So instead of 28.5 back in their own division they'll be 17 back this year? Lots of chirping at 35th and Shields. Sorry if I'm not buying their PR to move to sell tickets early this year on non dime beer night games. 

Seeking, here is an article that I was basing my comment on. It's from MLB and they list 9 winners in the off season. They show the White Sox at #1. Did not see the Cubs on that list, sorry. BTW, Reds were at #3.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/mlb-offseason-winners

20 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Seeking, here is an article that I was basing my comment on. It's from MLB and they list 9 winners in the off season. They show the White Sox at #1. Did not see the Cubs on that list, sorry. BTW, Reds were at #3.

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/mlb-offseason-winners

No problem! Since Hahn announced his rebuild 3 years ago we've always heard how well they'll do. Time will tell...but I see a couple other teams in that division (Twins/Indians) still ready to win today more than Sox. 

Archived