2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

And the Cubs sign Steven Souza?  For right field?

I remember the great Vin Scully when talking about Phillies outfielder Wes Chamberlain saying, "He's the least impressive Chamberlain since Neville."

So...

Steven is the second most famous Sousa to John Philip...

Our prayers are answered...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I remember the great Vin Scully when talking about Phillies outfielder Wes Chamberlain saying, "He's the least impressive Chamberlain since Neville."

So...

Steven is the second most famous Sousa to John Philip...

Our prayers are answered...

What about Sammy Sousa?

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Has Theo given up on Castellanos?

Nope. Not even remotely. Until the Bryant grievance is settled and we can project some $ issues....Theo will get his shot. There's a reason he hasn't signed anywhere. He wants to play for Cubs. Has hinted at that more than a few times. Doesn't mean things can or won't change but until grievance is settled nothing can move forward. Rangers are making strong push as are Reds.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:46 AM, Seeking6 said:

Nope. Not even remotely. Until the Bryant grievance is settled and we can project some $ issues....Theo will get his shot. There's a reason he hasn't signed anywhere. He wants to play for Cubs. Has hinted at that more than a few times. Doesn't mean things can or won't change but until grievance is settled nothing can move forward. Rangers are making strong push as are Reds.

Follow up to this. Reds are really close to getting Nick. Would be a game changer in the division.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If we sign him then I would think there would be a trade in the works for one of our OF's.  That would give us 6 quality OF's so we could package them to upgrade the bullpen or SS.

Yep, and you left out catcher.  But I wonder, would the Reds play Senzel at SS...or move Moose to short and Senze to 2nd?  Either way I would say Winker is squarely on the block if Castellanos is indeed inked.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Yep, and you left out catcher.  But I wonder, would the Reds play Senzel at SS...or move Moose to short and Senze to 2nd?  Either way I would say Winker is squarely on the block if Castellanos is indeed inked.

I think that the Reds think they have a descent catching rotation which I don't agree.  I could see Senzel playing SS but not Moose because he is not athletic enough.  I wish they would tryo one more time to see what it would take to get Lindor or see about Seager from the Dodgers.

Archived