2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rico said:

Or maybe the Cubs get Nolan and ship Kris to the Braves?

That's been my plan for a few pages. Bryant to replenish farm system and get some young arms. Trade whomever plus Heyward to Rockies for Arenado. Take the $ from Heyward contract and give to Nick Castellanos. Praying this scenario works out. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's been my plan for a few pages. Bryant to replenish farm system and get some young arms. Trade whomever plus Heyward to Rockies for Arenado. Take the $ from Heyward contract and give to Nick Castellanos. Praying this scenario works out. 

I would doubt that the Rockies would want to take on the huge salary of Hayward in that deal.  They will want young controllable players and prospects.  If they are trading Arrenado it is to save money so why would they want Hayward.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would doubt that the Rockies would want to take on the huge salary of Hayward in that deal.  They will want young controllable players and prospects.  If they are trading Arrenado it is to save money so why would they want Hayward.

Heyward makes $21M per year. Arenado will make $35M starting this year. 

Rumors have mentioned Heyward, Schwarber, Contreras or some combination of 2 of those guys. Schwarber isn't FA until 22. Contreras isn't FA until 23. On paper a combination of this deal is exactly why the Rockies should make it. Unless Cardinals or Rangers are offering up something huge....getting a couple of former All Stars while saving $ is pretty attractive deal. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Heyward makes $21M per year. Arenado will make $35M starting this year. 

Rumors have mentioned Heyward, Schwarber, Contreras or some combination of 2 of those guys. Schwarber isn't FA until 22. Contreras isn't FA until 23. On paper a combination of this deal is exactly why the Rockies should make it. Unless Cardinals or Rangers are offering up something huge....getting a couple of former All Stars while saving $ is pretty attractive deal. 

Agree but does not seem like how most of the trades go in the MLB any longer.  Also if you add in the other players salaries are they really saving much money.

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Saw an article this morning suggesting that the Dodgers should be crowned as the 2017 World Series Champions.

Anybody?

Negative.

But for sake of fandom/discussion.....plenty of contradicting fans in LA right now on this subject. Considering USC had to vacate their 2004 BCS title.

58 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That would be a very good get IMO. especially this late in the game

You really think so? I've always looked at Showalter as one of those "my way or the highway" disciplinarians that was better with a young team...

Maybe he would have been good for the Astros 4 years ago, but this is a young veteran group who I think would tune him out...

Is MLB just celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the Black sox scandal with the sign stealing scandal?

Hope the Rangers step it up for Arenado but they have seemingly backed off.  I really thought they would land Rendon.  You'd think he'd like to play in home state and  in that new ball park. I really can't stand the Angels except for the fact they throw money around like they are playing monopoly and usually come up with just an average team. 

Surprised someone hasn't brought it up. There's some pretty strong evidence/actions/videos of Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman actually wearing buzzers under their jerseys to tell them when pitches were coming. At first thought....I know the idea sounds preposterous but catching dozens of videos including Altuve's game winner over Chapman I can say I'm curious and honestly believing it. 

You guys can find the video but when Altuve was coming home....he was holding that jersey in place so tight it couldn't be ripped off like normal. Post game celebrations too...he always said his wife didn't like him having his shirt off. I bet! She knows he's got a buzzer under there.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Surprised someone hasn't brought it up. There's some pretty strong evidence/actions/videos of Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman actually wearing buzzers under their jerseys to tell them when pitches were coming. At first thought....I know the idea sounds preposterous but catching dozens of videos including Altuve's game winner over Chapman I can say I'm curious and honestly believing it. 

You guys can find the video but when Altuve was coming home....he was holding that jersey in place so tight it couldn't be ripped off like normal. Post game celebrations too...he always said his wife didn't like him having his shirt off. I bet! She knows he's got a buzzer under there.

And if you can read lips, the midget is actually saying, don't rip the shirt off!

As a Yankee fan, I hate the Sawks, but they have been replaced with the "kiss my Asstros".......

Archived