2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I like and dislike about 2020 MLB's Covid Season so far...

It's baseball

Dislike

Piped in crowd noise

Piped in loud music

Fan cutouts

Virtual fans

NL DH (I hate the DH more that any other rule in sports)

The Brewers new uniforms

The Padres new uniforms...or ANY Padres uniform ever

ARod

The Cardinals are 2-0

Bench clearing brawls have given way to bench jockey shouting matches

The players and managers are getting along way too well with the umpires

Whoever those lucky dogs sitting in the grandstand at Wrigley are

Did I mention I HATE the DH?

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Dislike

The Brewers new uniforms

I'm actually a fan of ugly uniforms.  Have not seen the Padres yet this year, but the Brewers unis are hideous, and it adds some personality to the game.  Give me more.  

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What I like and dislike about 2020 MLB's Covid Season so far...

It's baseball

Dislike

Piped in crowd noise

Piped in loud music

Fan cutouts

Virtual fans

NL DH (I hate the DH more that any other rule in sports)

The Brewers new uniforms

ARod

The Cardinals are 2-0

Bench clearing brawls have given way to bench jockey shouting matches

The players and managers are getting along way too well with the umpires

Whoever those lucky dogs sitting in the grandstand at Wrigley are

Did I mention I HATE the DH?

The fake fans/crowd noise is really unnecessary and annoying in my opinion. And I agree completely the DH does not belong in the NL. Does anybody like ARod? 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm actually a fan of ugly uniforms.  Have not seen the Padres yet this year, but the Brewers unis are hideous, and it adds some personality to the game.  Give me more.  

I liked the old Padres uniforms as well as the old Astros uniforms that looked like a rainbow.

Going to be a strange baseball season because now the Reds had to put Moustakas on the injured list because he woke up not feeling well.  Also Senzel is not playing today but they have not came out and say why.  Yesterday they had to put Matt Davidson on the list due to testing positive for the virus.

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Going to be a strange baseball season because now the Reds had to put Moustakas on the injured list because he woke up not feeling well.  Also Senzel is not playing today but they have not came out and say why.  Yesterday they had to put Matt Davidson on the list due to testing positive for the virus.

I think we can assume that Moustakas probably has Covid.  

Who knows with Senzel.  He's one of tbose guys that could get hurt opening the refrigerator door.

Just watching the Reds game and this stat just blows my mind.  There has been 31 games played through Saturday and the average hits per game combined is 15 but total K's is over 18.  So far in 31 games there has been 528 strikeouts and that just shows where the game is today.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Word coming out. Justin Verlander done for year. Elbow injury.

Man.  Whatever anyone thinks of the Astros, that sucks.  Verlander is a sure-fire HOFer and such a workhorse over the years.  I've always been a fan of his.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Man.  Whatever anyone thinks of the Astros, that sucks.  Verlander is a sure-fire HOFer and such a workhorse over the years.  I've always been a fan of his.

Yep. Always liked him. It's been a little under 3 years since he begged to be a Cub. Somehow we couldn't get that one done. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/chicago-cubs/justin-verlander-got-traded-astros-it-sounds-he-was-hoping-get-dealt-cubs

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What a shame...and to top it off, he has to stay home with Kate Upton...

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I liked the old Padres uniforms as well as the old Astros uniforms that looked like a rainbow.

Both the Padres and the Astros can't keep a consistent uniform for any length of time...They can't even keep a friggin color scheme for any length of time...

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick update. Verlander just took to twitter. Said evaluate in a couple of weeks. Not done for year per him.

Love it.  So many guys just looking for an excuse to bail on this season and Verlander is determined to come back.  

Archived