Maryland game thread.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BGleas said:

You can’t win with the guard play this bad, which was always my concern coming into this year. 

I understand & agree.

Before the season we hoped/believed:

- Green would continue the way he played at the end of last season

- Rob would be healthy and be the play making PG we need

- Jerome would  (after some adjustment time) be dominant

- Anderson, Thompson, Durham would be improved and be contributors

- Brunk and TJD would provide good production in the paint

All but the last item failed to materialize.

6 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Unless our guard play improves, it’s going to be a struggle.

What has happened to Rob P? Green is Geeen, Franklin is a freshmen, and Al is decent....but Rob might be the worst of our guards right now

Who do you blame for the development of those guys, or lack there of. Archie hasn’t developed anyone.  Rob has regressed and that may be due to injuries but to not have shooter in year 3 is mind boggling

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Who do you blame for the development of those guys, or lack there of. Archie hasn’t developed anyone.  Rob has regressed and that may be due to injuries but to not have shooter in year 3 is mind boggling

Agreed.  And it’s very concerning 

2 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Yep hate to agree but I don't see us any better next year.  People keep saying "we will be older" but older with so, so talent and no shooters doesn't make us better.  Unless Archie lands a guard that can start and produce day one... there won't be improvement.   If you can't see that then you aren't being honest with yourself.

Go Hoosiers!!!

When Crean officially lost me was when I didn’t see any light at the end of the tunnel or hope. I’m getting there with this program again right now. Again, I like Archie a lot, but I don’t see this team making the tournament and unless Geronimo shows up as an Oladipo, I don’t see next year much different. 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Think administration will allow the new AD to make a change if we miss the dance again?

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

When Crean officially lost me was when I didn’t see any light at the end of the tunnel or hope. I’m getting there with this program again right now. Again, I like Archie a lot, but I don’t see this team making the tournament and unless Geronimo shows up as an Oladipo, I don’t see next year much different. 

We need a shooter......#FREECOOPER !!!

1 minute ago, hoosiermd said:

Appreciate the response. But hyperbole is not helping... That if you don't agree with the reasons for losing then you just enjoy losing. That is going to get an angry response from others. When we are in the middle of losing a game by 30 points I would rather people stop provoking others.  People can discuss all they want why we are losing but I ask that people not egg others on.

Just now, BGleas said:

Problem is, Oladipo took 1.5 years until he began to put it together. Year 3 was Stellar. 

4 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I understand & agree.

Before the season we hoped/believed:

- Green would continue the way he played at the end of last season

- Rob would be healthy and be the play making PG we need

- Jerome would  (after some adjustment time) be dominant

- Anderson, Thompson, Durham would be improved and be contributors

- Brunk and TJD would provide good production in the paint

All but the last item failed to materialize.

BINGO!!  You nailed this one.

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Think administration will allow the new AD to make a change if we miss the dance again?

New AD would have to have someone in mind as soon as he gets the job.

The problem is who? If a change is made by the new AD, it needs to happen fast.

Just now, Feathery said:

New AD doesn’t start until after the academic year is over. What we are looking is likely a lost season this year unless a turnaround of Biblical proportions occurs giving Arch one year to prove himself to a new AD next year. Without any difference makers currently slated to arrive, that looks like a tall task. 

Trust me, I took no joy in typing that. 

Archived