Poster on TOS says 2 players "offered" their release from bball team.....

eddy4iu

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Maybe Archie told some players he is going to shorten the lineup and some players expressed dissatisfaction with knowing their minutes would be cut. Seems like things are "coming to a head".

Who really cares?  Are the inmates to run the asylum?

28 minutes ago, Bedford1432 said:

That site is good and everyone misses Scott. Somebody was asking about Scott yesterday 

That site is a troll fest. It has some decent posters from time to time, but the majority of them are either trolls or Knight people who will never be happy.

It has little to no content from its staff.

IMO, it’s probably the worst IU b-ball site out there.

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This does not sound like a high minute rotation player wanting to transfer.  This sounds like a player not getting time he wants that has recently expressed that to the coaches AND/OR Archie telling a malcontent to get with the program or hit the bricks.

And I have no issue, whatsoever, with Arch doing that...if indeed that is what happened.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I could see players like Race and Jerome being unhappy with their playing time but Hard to see them leaving after all the time they have already missed.  if they left now then they would have to sit out until next spring semester.

Hope it’s not either of them.

3 minutes ago, JugRox said:

That site is a troll fest. It has some decent posters from time to time, but the majority of them are either trolls or Knight people who will never be happy.

It has little to no content from its staff.

IMO, it’s probably the worst IU b-ball site out there.

That site isn't even glass half empty negative; it's more like picking up an old, dusty glass and throwing it on the floor.

I like discussing IU sports, and I'm a big basketball and football fan, but at the end of the day, it's just a game, and whether they win or lose is entirely inconsequential to my life.  I guarantee the players take any losses harder than any of us do.

The way they talk about players, coaches, and administration on that site (and some people on twitter) is downright shameful and embarrassing.  It's the same story for the Purdue free board on that site as well.

I like think back to when I was at IU and try to imagine what life would have been like if people were constantly publicly attacking me on message boards and twitter because I missed some shots in a basketball game or missed a tackle, and then I post after thinking about that.  I think the overwhelming majority of posters on this site think similarly.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

To be honest, i am not even sure DD could get up without the help of the other 5 guys with how bad his knees and ankles are.  I think Green is clapping at some cheerleader on the end line, he isn't even looking in the direction of the others

Well done "Perry Mason!"

44 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

EN2mPf4X0AMz0r0?format=jpg&name=small

When we were making our run against NW....

Honestly, it would not surprise me if this, or something similar, led to the 'offer'.  I know if I was coach, saw something like this, and was already frustrated with said player or players, I would absolutely ask that player if he still wanted to be a member of the team.  I'm not kicking him off, but I am strongly questioning his commitment to the team, and that could impact playing time.

I have zero inside information but this rumor doesn't make much sense to me. We're 12-3, every scholarship player is getting minutes when healthy. Even if CAM was planning on shortening the rotation, it would be really unusual to tell a player that in advance and ask if he wants to transfer midseason. 

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Who really cares?  Are the inmates to run the asylum?

Of course not!  Without knowing specifics (and that's why we're speculating), I think most of us have felt something wasn't "right" and if so it's high time CAM confronts the problem for the sake of everyone.

2 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I have zero inside information but this rumor doesn't make much sense to me. We're 12-3, every scholarship player is getting minutes when healthy. Even if CAM was planning on shortening the rotation, it would be really unusual to tell a player that in advance and ask if he wants to transfer midseason. 

Speculation running rampant and people saying what they think makes sense, with ZERO actual information. Yep.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Speculation running rampant and people saying what they think makes sense, with ZERO actual information. Yep.

With just one person on a message board posted this so it must  be true. LOL!  If this had any truth to it don't you think it would have actually been reported by one of the beat writers.

Just now, IU Scott said:

With just one person on a message board posted this so it must  be true. LOL!  If this had any truth to it don't you think it would have actually been reported by one of the beat writers.

Really funny, ain't it?  In the totality of things it is really sad.

Archived