Poster on TOS says 2 players "offered" their release from bball team.....

eddy4iu

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From TOS thread:

I remember hearing a podcast where a former player under RMK was having a rough patch. He said coach came to him and asked him if maybe he wasnt cut out for IU basketball and he was welcome to transfer out if he didn't want to do things his way.

This sounds like (hope) what has possibly occurred. On the podcast, the ultimatum worked and the player stayed and turned his career around. We'll see what happens this time.

That player stayed, and that approach worked.  Larry Bird......oops.  Proof that there isn't a universal approach that works in every case. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Once again I was not in the room just passing along some tidbits. Nothing earth shattering from what i hear, but there were several 1 on 1 meetings and some were told that if they did not want to be a part of it. There is the door. Not sure if any are going to take CAM up on it, but i think it came from some comments after the game when many were still fired up but not in say a positive way. I don't think anything comes from it and have not heard which players but several had meetings. 

Thanks for the info.  I believe there is a lot of truth with what you have said.  The most troubling piece is the word 'several' which would indicate more than 2.  

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah they ran off all the long time posters on there like myself with their constant bitching back and forth.

Yeah when that site first started out. I had high hopes. But over time, it became so intolerable that I rarely go there anymore. 

It's what happens, unlike here. When moderators fail. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

👏🏻👏🏻..hope this is true...not that the players could be leaving(although it’s a good idea) but that CAM is addressing an obvious problem that has been going on for almost 2 seasons.

Chris on BB, who is clearly in the know, said Archie lit the whole team up like a Christmas tree after the game Wednesday.  Said he hadn’t heard of anything like it since the RMK days.

1 hour ago, mchenry34 said:

I think that you could characterize a scenario that way, or remember that Knight did the same thing over and over with players. He offered to help plenty of players find other places to play...Off the top of my head, Landon Turner, Charlie Miller, and Andrae Patterson...

Could be the coaching we have been hoping for....or maybe it didn't happen at all...

Delray Brooks too.  Great kid...terrible fit.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With just one person on a message board posted this so it must  be true. LOL!  If this had any truth to it don't you think it would have actually been reported by one of the beat writers.

It wouldn't until they actually transferred. Nobody has taken Archie up on the offer yet but they could. 

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Chris on BB, who is clearly in the know, said Archie lit the whole team up like a Christmas tree after the game Wednesday.  Said he hadn’t heard of anything like it since the RMK days.

Getting in the IU spirit in preparation for RMK's return to Assembly Hall. All joking aside this team needs that and then some. Yes they are 12-3 but they haven't looked good against B1G teams at all. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

Getting in the IU spirit in preparation for RMK's return to Assembly Hall. All joking aside this team needs that and then some. Yes they are 12-3 but they haven't looked good against B1G teams at all. 

Hopefully they all had to run til they couldn’t eat supper yesterday.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

It wouldn't until they actually transferred. Nobody has taken Archie up on the offer yet but they could. 

Exactly.  Something obviously happened, so it is only natural to speculate what.  If nothing comes out before then, playing time tomorrow could offer some insight.

6 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

If there are cancers on the team, I am perfectly happy that CAM helps them find the way out. We need full buy-in.

I agree, but on the other hand, I'm glad CAM at least gave them a chance to buy in...

Some might say he took too long to do this, but as I said in a different thread, square pegs, round holes...

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah when that site first started out. I had high hopes. But over time, it became so intolerable that I rarely go there anymore. 

It's what happens, unlike here. When moderators fail. 

I think I started on there around 97 or 98 when it was Peegs and it was pretty good back then.  I think when I started were recruiting George Leach and kept up with that on that site.  Back then I was young and started a battle with one of those old time RMK guys because I was suggesting that maybe it was time for a coaching change.  His user name was Gorjko and he was very opinionated and he totally tried to destroy me.

Sounds like CAM had the "come to Jesus" meeting with players.   While I'd hate to see a player(s) leave sometimes it's best for everyone involved.   In real life if you've ever worked somewhere that the management didn't correct problem employees.  That crap brings down the entire team.  Hopefully the talks get the guys focused instead of giving up and quitting.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Just now, Indy1987 said:

Sounds like CAM had the "come to Jesus" meeting with players.   While I'd hate to see a player(s) leave sometimes it's best for everyone involved.   In real life if you've ever worked somewhere that the management didn't correct problem employees.  That crap brings down the entire team.  Hopefully the talks get the guys focused instead of giving up and quitting.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I feel the same way and if the players don't want to be here then find somewhere else to play

Archived