2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just now, btownqb said:

If you draft one.... and they turn into a stud- Waller, Kittle, or Kelce..  we couldn't pay them. 

Just blocking wise.. we have about as good of a tandem as you could ask for.

If KG develops.. look out. 

Any player that turns into a stud you have to pay. You can't avoid drafting an upgrade just because they will become a good player. 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

Any player that turns into a stud you have to pay. You can't avoid drafting an upgrade just because they will become a good player. 🤦‍♂️

Sure you can. Lol that's literally how you build a team. 

Why do you think good players are let go? 

Literally look at Pittsburgh. 

Edited by btownqb

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

"Upgrade" I'm saying we aren't going to go draft a TE in the first or second round. We don't value that postion that way. 

Like at safety in 2-3 years.... I doubt we can keep Willis and Blackmon (3rd and 4th rd picks). 

We couldn't draft a 1st rd LT this year because there's no way we can make all those contracts in one postion group later on. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Sure you can. Lol that's literally how you build a team. 

Why do you think good players are let go? 

Literally look at Pittsburgh. 

The might be let go eventually, but GMs don't avoid drafting a player because they might become good. Pittsburgh and NE lets them go eventually but they still draft them and get at least their first contract out of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"Upgrade" I'm saying we aren't going to go draft a TE in the first or second round. We don't value that postion that way. 

Like at safety in 2-3 years.... I doubt we can keep Willis and Blackmon (3rd and 4th rd picks). 

We couldn't draft a 1st rd LT this year because there's no way we can make all those contracts in one postion group later on. 

While i doubt if we do either but we also have no clue what Ballard will do. He could draft one or not, he keeps everything close to the vest so we won't know until after the draft.

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

While i doubt if we do either but we also have no clue what Ballard will do. He could draft one or not, he keeps everything close to the vest so we won't know until after the draft.

When healthy all of our postion groups are at least average. Chris Ballard helps me sleep at night. 

It's really too bad Blackmons hurt.. he offers so much for the defense. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue. Like with everything up there...total dysfunction. Usually Nagy, Pace, and Phillips meet each week to discuss things but they aren't this week because of game on Thursday. Would be a total Pace move to fire him without seeing him. 

I think I've mentioned on here before but if not....buddy of mine has an in somehow with Cole Kmet's Dad. I'm paraphrasing but the players don't even respect Nagy and haven't for this and last year. Almost to the point where players have mocked him. Now people can say what they want whether it's players or staff....but when a relationship gets to that point the leader (Pace) needed to step in and either cut players or fire coach.

Total train wreck.

Yeah, but we all know Pace isn't a leader either. The Bears desperately need to be sold to a competent owner...The McCaskeys suck so bad. It really is a sh#% show from the top down. Pace and Nagy both should have been gone last year, but I still will not be shocked if the Bears do what they do and bring back Pace next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Scheduling quirk I guess but Colts will have back to back Saturday night games on Dec 18th and 25th. Don't think I recall that ever happening. 

Yeah and I'll be at both, but with the change for the NE game.. I gotta find someone to go with me, wife has a game that evening. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He should be....Giants are a train wreck and have way way too much talent on offense to be that bad.

While i agree that they are a train wreck and he needed fired, Barkley only playing six games and not being half the player he used to be, and Jones being a pretty bad QB he hasn't exactly been set up for success.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Not to get in the middle of your guys convo but I agree with you and I agree with Hoosier both. You can absolutely upgrade those positions...TE/S etc. The great thing about those two positions is that you can get great value later in the draft. You don't have to invest big money and high draft picks to get really good value. Heck there are tons of undrafted/late pick safeties and tight ends bringing great value around the league....so to even just invest a 4th or 5th rd pick can bring large returns. Sure your not going to bring in a Kyle Pitts/Minkah Fitzpatrick quality player but can absolutely upgrade your team with smart drafting.

The team needs secondary help obviously and a wr upgrade opposite Pittman for sure. They obviously will be looking at a LT as Fisher isn't a long term solution...and while we have paid heavily on the OL by the time a rookie would be ready for his second contract we would likely be moving off some of our other big investments.

Edited by dgambill

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

While i agree that they are a train wreck and he needed fired, Barkley only playing six games and not being half the player he used to be, and Jones being a pretty bad QB he hasn't exactly been set up for success.

Oh...it's a total disaster...no doubt...but Booker has given them a good floor from Barkley...but the lack of any real improvement from Jones and with all the talent they have invested in their receiving core someone has to take the fall....eventually they will all lose their job....it's just the first domino obviously.

• Like 1