Race Thompson

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I loved Johnny Quest. I think it was only on for one season -- actually got my kids the box set when they were young. All loved it, hard to believe it was made in the late 60s.

Didn't last long for sure...I am thinking mid 60s but I grew up watching it.  But it has been brought back to life a few times.  Hell, my Dad got me hooked on watching it.  When we got the new dog one of the names Tammy was kicking around for him was Bandit.  Due to Jonny Quest.

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

Race Thompson reminds me of a typical Izzo/MSU 4 over the years. A tough, hard-nosed defender/rebounder that gets minutes his first few years, but then by his junior/senior years is killing people on both ends. Will even more if by his senior year he adds a reliable spot-up 3 to go with it. 

Really good comparison.   The player type that popped into my head when you said this is Denzel Valentine.  

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I loved Johnny Quest. I think it was only on for one season -- actually got my kids the box set when they were young. All loved it, hard to believe it was made in the late 60s.

Yes, a classic that was canceled after one season due to high animation production costs. Johnny's voice was by Tim Matheson aka Otter in Animal House

Love the hustle and effort.

Previously thought he could be a good rebounder but his offensive footwork and offensive potential is greater than I thought.

I figured he could be a very good “glue guy” but now think his ceiling is higher than that.  Hate to say “wait until next year”  but when he is a bit better conditioned he should turn out to be a very good 4 year player.

2 hours ago, JEFFVETTE said:

SIAP: Race is a taller AJ Moye!

I'm a fan.

That’s the guy I’ve been thinking of. Different personalities but if Race starts getting that kind of response and energy from everyone around him like AJ did watch out lol. AJ was more the positive uber vibe like Vic but that heart and energy is similar- would be awesome if he grows into that kind of player 

10 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That’s the guy I’ve been thinking of. Different personalities but if Race starts getting that kind of response and energy from everyone around him like AJ did watch out lol. AJ was more the positive uber vibe like Vic but that heart and energy is similar- would be awesome if he grows into that kind of player 

Ray-ace Thompson, clap clap clap clap clap

Archived