Jump to content

The All Too Important IU vs Mn Pre-Game Thread


Recommended Posts

Maybe the late game meltdown last night for Minnesota to lose will burst their sails and they could just mail it in? Good news for them though....they moved up 3 spots in NET at 13-15. 

In terms of the game. Nothing else matters besides the win. Last week of regular season. Final push and home games for some. Play with the poise we did yesterday for most of the game and we win by 14.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

May we get the same officiating benefit for the next 2 games that Illinois did against us...

If that happens we are 10-10 in the league, 20 wins overall, and solidly in the tournament.

The physicality of the home team the last two games against us has been one of the common denominators. If we are allowed to play that physical at home I like our chances.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

We win the last 2 we are in no argument imo. Lose either and we’re playing with fire. But a loss to a 13-15 team kills us here. We need to win. And if we can’t beat Minnesota at home, we don’t deserve to be playing a lot better teams than them on a neutral court...

IMHO. Lose one of the last two. We've GOT to win at least ONE BTT game.  Scratch and claw our way into the BTT. So that our graduating seniors can say... yes, I played in the NACCT

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Supposedly according to coach, Trayce has a foot sprain or something to that nature.. meaning he’s probably in that damn boot that we see every single year. 

Just saw this. I think I remember the play in Illinois game where he went a tad awkward....and favored his lower back after that. Hopefully it's just the same foot boot that Thomas used for 2 years while never missing a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9673614.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Supposedly according to coach, Trayce has a foot sprain or something to that nature.. meaning he’s probably in that damn boot that we see every single year. 

Are you kidding me ?  Should you spot him on campus. Please let us know.  And have a great time at the Minnesota game.  What I would give to join you !

Editing to add a pic of confirmation.....

Edited by milehiiu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All that matters is according to the Professionals, IU is 6th from being left out as of today.  As of now, IU won’t have to play one of the four play in games but if we lose any one of our last two home games the status could change.  I honestly think IU was given a pass for their two road games where they played well enough to win each but don’t think for a MINUTE, the committee is watching these last two home games closely!  One loss plus a first rd exit in the B10 Tourney will only amount to 19 wins and I watched too much March Madness to know that it takes 20 wins at a minimum.  Please don’t TEST my theory HOOSIERS, our you may again be on the short end on the stick!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

All that matters is according to the Professionals, IU is 6th from being left out as of today.  As of now, IU won’t have to play one of the four play in games but if we lose any one of our last two home games the status could change.  I honestly think IU was given a pass for their two road games where they played well enough to win each but don’t think for a MINUTE, the committee is watching these last two home games closely!  One loss plus a first rd exit in the B10 Tourney will only amount to 19 wins and I watched too much March Madness to know that it takes 20 wins at a minimum.  Please don’t TEST my theory HOOSIERS, our you may again be on the short end on the stick!

I am with you. Have been saying for months.  20 games to get in, at minimum.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am with you. Have been saying for months.  20 games to get in, at minimum.

18 = NIT, 19 = maybe play in game, 20 = 9-11 seed, 21+ = possible 6-8 & 22+ = maybe a 5 seed.  The fact our fate relies on 2 home games, I really hope HSN gives this team the biggest home court advantage in the game today.  As much I want to think HSN is hungry to get back to the tourney, a part of me is scared they don’t believe in our Leader and will not show up?  As a BornHoosier, I know that is not possible.  WED is HUGE 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Rabby thinks he’s going to play Wednesday. 

I heard last night during the radio show he did it sometime around the Purdue game anyway so he played on it Sunday and played pretty well so I think it’s a safe bet he’s playing Wednesday. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...