National Scene 2020(Not B1G)

rico

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a general comment. I know many reside in Big 12 country on this board....but looks like CFP got bailed out last night and they won't have to worry about choosing a 1 loss SEC over an undefeated Big 12 team this year. Kudos to Iowa St and TCU.....but Oklahoma is the gold standard of the league. When they are 0-2 it doesn't matter what the rest of the conference does.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. I know many reside in Big 12 country on this board....but looks like CFP got bailed out last night and they won't have to worry about choosing a 1 loss SEC over an undefeated Big 12 team this year. Kudos to Iowa St and TCU.....but Oklahoma is the gold standard of the league. When they are 0-2 it doesn't matter what the rest of the conference does.

Great game between OU and Iowa St.  Seems OU's Rattler got snake bit.

Yep, it appears the Big 12 is out of it this year.

37 minutes ago, rico said:

Great game between OU and Iowa St.  Seems OU's Rattler got snake bit.

Yep, it appears the Big 12 is out of it this year.

As a former IU football coach might say...."Not so fast, my friend."

Oklahoma St. is still undefeated, and some national guys I listen to thought they might be a dark horse for the CFP. Until they lose, I believe they have a legitimate shot.

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As a former IU football coach might say...."Not so fast, my friend."

Oklahoma St. is still undefeated, and some national guys I listen to thought they might be a dark horse for the CFP. Until they lose, I believe they have a legitimate shot.

True, but I can't see them going undefeated at all.

I know this is completely off topic and unrelated, but I wanted to give a shout out to all the fans of who loved Van Halen, better yet the killer lead guitarist, Eddie Van Halen. He passed away today from a long battle with throat cancer.

My rational and reason why I posted it here, is because my first ( of 3 total) Van Halen concerts was in 1988 at the Monster’s of Rock at the ol’ RCA Dome, former home of the Indianapolis Colts...
Probably unimportant to most who read this, but my prayers go out to his family and fans. Me, being one of the biggest Van Halen fans, I was crushed today. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Texas punter just let Oklahoma have an easy score.  I hate the rugby style punting because it takes to long to get the ball off and it allowed Oklahoma to block the.punt.

What the hell was that punter thinking on that?

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Texas punter just let Oklahoma have an easy score.  I hate the rugby style punting because it takes to long to get the ball off and it allowed Oklahoma to block the.punt.

I agree, but personally like the rugby style if the.protection is there.Lol. 

Archived