Tennessee Tech Pre-Game Thread

Game plan really isn't complicated, it's whether we execute it --

Go inside hard (Morgan, Davis) against their undersized front court, limit our TO's to 12 or better (FW's run was largely off TO's), and do SOMETHING to stop the 3-point barrage (this team has 3 top scorers who all shoot the 3 well). 

We're favored by, well, everyone, a good 10 points. But this team is quick and shoots the 3, which has been our guys' weakness so far.

I expect that we'll win this one running away, after yet another embarrassingly bad showing against a mid-major on our floor.

Our team looked good against Duke, Louisville and ND. We're really not as bad all of the negative posts. What we are is mirrored in Rob, we're extremely inconsistent. 

Putting all the individual player critiques aside, I think our team is still searching for its identity. I do think we win this one running away (could be wrong, but I think the team will be focused, this time). I also am not throwing in the towel on the team getting better and making a least a little noise as the season goes on. We do have talent on the team, but they do need to get it together.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I always think back to '80-'81.  We limped into conference play at 7-5.  How did that season turn out?

Not a great comparison because this team does not have NBA talent like the 81 team did in Thomas, Wittman and Turner. Tolbert also played in the NBA for a few years and I doubt that this team will have nay NBA players.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not a great comparison because this team does not have NBA talent like the 81 team did in Thomas, Wittman and Turner. Tolbert also played in the NBA for a few years and I doubt that this team will have nay NBA players.

Oh really?  If all that talent was there why were they 7-5?  And got beat by Texas- Pan American.

They was not playing up to their potential and when RMK let Isiah take over and run the team they took off.  Also early in the year Turner was more interested in partying instead of playing basketball.  When he started to concentrate on basketball and take it seriously he and the team was unstoppable.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Oh really?  If all that talent was there why were they 7-5?  And got beat by Texas- Pan American.

And that team went on to destroy everyone in the tournament and win the championship. This team will be hard pressed to finish .500. I wish it would be the other way around but it will not happen.

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

And that team went on to destroy everyone in the tournament and win the championship. This team will be hard pressed to finish .500. I wish it would be the other way around but it will not happen.

That team also got several breaks in the tournament due to upsets.

37 minutes ago, rico said:

That team also got several breaks in the tournament due to upsets.

Maybe so, but the way they were playing, I don't think that there was anyone who could beat them. IIRC, they beat every opponent in that tournament by double digits 

55 minutes ago, rico said:

Isiah was in charge the first day he arrived on campus.  Yes the light switch turned on with Turner.  

Just watch the show elite on big ten network about the 81 team.  They specifically said that RMK let go of some of the control and let Isiah run more fast breaks and less half court offense.

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just watch the show elite on big ten network about the 81 team.  They specifically said that RMK let go of some of the control and let Isiah run more fast breaks and less half court offense.

So you didn't watch that team?  Were you even born?

Archived