It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

We are going to get Alford, Smart, or Whitman as the next coach.  If I was a betting man it would be those 3 against the field.  All those former players that were texting Dakich are going to be doing the same to Dolson if/when that job opens and they are going to be saying the same things Dan was saying to a player connected, sympathetic ear.  

We can talk about everyone we would like to have but I would be shocked if one of those 3 is not the next guy if Miller is let go sometime in the next 14 months.

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

We are going to get Alford, Smart, or Whitman as the next coach.  If I was a betting man it would be those 3 against the field.  All those former players that were texting Dakich are going to be doing the same to Dolson if/when that job opens and they are going to be saying the same things Dan was saying to a player connected, sympathetic ear.  

We can talk about everyone we would like to have but I would be shocked if one of those 3 is not the next guy if Miller is let go sometime in the next 14 months.

Now that Knight was back...it is going to be easier.  There are so many ex players coaching, and I had no idea until I started to listen to hysterics pod casts.  I would love Mike W to be considered as well.  Heck, Lewis is another.

59 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Crean catches a ton of crap for losing to Syracuse, but that Syracuse team wasn't really a typical 4 seed.  They were top 10 for the first 15 weeks of the season.  We still should have played better that game though.  Hulls having that shoulder injury hurt a ton.

Also, the previous year, we might have been a Final 4 team if we didn't hit that Kentucky team.  His other Sweet 16 appearance, we were playing well and lost to the eventual runner up UNC.  It was the down years that really hurt him.  When we were playing well though, his teams bought in and played hard, and we had a few really fun seasons.

And, it cracks me up that people are trying to say Crean basically fell into all that talent.  People don't think his system created some of that talent and some of that play?  His defense obviously sucked, but in his time here, we had seasons where we were the #2, #4, #6, and #8 offenses on Kenpom.  Not that I want to see us play that loose with the ball, but Crean's teams created flow on offense, and put a ton of pressure on defenses when they got out and moved.  It also created guys who felt no hesitation to shoot, and you could see how much confidence they had in their shots.  It was also a system that was attractive to talented shooters and scorers.

Good post. This is exactly what I am getting at. 

2 hours ago, IU1969 said:

I think Dane Fife should be considered. Eight years under Izzo and most recently associate coach in charge of perimeter players. In 2002 I think he was the coach on the floor and mostly responsible for getting them to the Final Four. After all someone needed to be with Mike Davis on the sidelines. I know he is from Michigan but he is an Indiana guy.

To me if MSU was so high on Fife he wouldn't be assistant #3

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He was talking  with someone who talks to a lot of Indiana high school coaches and they are amazed at how bad our shooting is.  It is sounding that the high school coaches are losing faith in Archie.

We all know how that ends.  Mike Davis & Tom Crean part 3

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the OSU and UI game and OSU has a PG who just came second semester from High School.  He looks way more comfortable and confident than Lander and he has only been there 2 or 3 weeks.

Meechie Johnson. Saw him the other night vs Northwestern. Nice player, with a good looking shot...

13 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

The power of confidence, coaches believing in you.

I still remember a game fairly early in Archie's first year. Green had an open 3 from the wing and passed it up. It was right by our bench and Archie started yelling at him, and Green kind of looked back at him with a befuddled look on his face. It was kind of like, I don't know what kind of shots you want me to take. Never good for shooting when you are wondering if you should he taking the shot or not.

54 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I will freely admit that SA wouldn't be my first choice, but have to say he's done more than either of our last two coaches.

At this point, what the heck, why not hire any of those 3.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I can't believe this...

Like vultures circling...just incredible...

It's my true hope that Archie and this team comes back and shoves it up a lot of people's arses...sideways...

I would for Archie to get this on track as well. That would be my preferred option #1. But he's got to start winning more consistently. 

9 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I will freely admit that SA wouldn't be my first choice, but have to say he's done more than either of our last two coaches.

At this point, what the heck, why not hire any of those 3.

Yeah, I know people are put off by the Pierce situation but that is a kind of live and learn.  He was too trusting of a players word IMO.  Alford probably does not get us to a NCAA championship anytime soon, but I think he would have us respectable.

Archived