National Scene 2021(Not BIG)

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just like you I look at the data and rankings that are published every year. Louisiana and most of the SE like Alabama, Miss. and Arkansas are always ranked in the bottom 10 of state rankings to live in. That includes crime and poverty levels and many more stats.

So have you been to Louisiana? Do you think BK will live in an impoverished area? 

3 minutes ago, rico said:

So you are a wuss?  Makes sense.  LOL  The cold ain't the problem with South Bend, it is just the city.  Man, that downtown area is horrid.

I know it is. I just didn't wanna get into that on the board. There are a couple of northern Indiana cities that have had a big time decline in the last 15-20 years, yeah? 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

No I have not but been to most of the southern states.

I feel dirty trying to defend ND since I don't like them.  I hate the turn coat reputation of IU basketball fans that root for ND football.

so.. just pick a fight with my in another thread, please. I guarantee you I will give you plenty of material to give me s*** about. 

That was meant as a joke, Scott. Please take it that way. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I know it is. I just didn't wanna get into that on the board. There are a couple of northern Indiana cities that have had a big time decline in the last 15-20 years, yeah? 

Gary, Michigan City, Elkhart, and South Bend aren't the same as my youth for sure.  Just don't really understand South Bend's decline...the only pretty thing in it is the Notre Dame campus.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't have a hatred of ND because of you btw lol 

Also.. when I post... assume we are at the bar and have had a few... that's how I talk, basically at all times. It's certainly not TRYING to p*** you off or even annoy you. I'm going to argue my opinion until the bitter end, which I hope you will, as well. 

40% of what I say should NOTTTT be taken literally. Like when I said "ND sucks" ... cmon, I don't seriously think that. I just think they are a good 1 or 2 rungs lower than 3 or 4 teams in the SEC, and I did find rumor in BK leaving ND. 

BUUUUUT... I did mention I think ND could come out better in the end. Said that multiple times, and I said I thought they were a top 8-14 program. I think that's fair for a team that hasn't won a title since 88. All I'm saying. 

I get you completely. These are conversations I would have had with the boys around a few beers back in my old days. I tend to be pretty sarcastic and over the years as a Coach I never once cussed at a ref but got plenty of T's due to sarcasim. Many others just went right over their heads.  

All in good fun and I get that many hate ND and thats fine there are plenty of things about them that frustrate me. 1 is not having won a title since 88. IU 89, Reds 91, . Thank God the Colts got 1 15 years ago. In all seriousness I think ND is a top 5 job and they are a top 10 team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

Gary, Michigan City, Elkhart, and South Bend aren't the same as my youth for sure.  Just don't really understand South Bend's decline...the only pretty thing in it is the Notre Dame campus.

That's what I thought, as well. Then I go to Knoxville for a weekend and it's like holy crap. 

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

what else is there to do? 😉

On a side note Ayden has a great art teacher from JC, I am sure you had a big impact on this young man. He graduated the year before I got there. Big IU fan and I really like him and he is Aydens favorite teacher. He struggles in Art but his teacher is great with him

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Central Indiana I suppose.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Central Indiana

Maybe this is a So Indiana thing.... no idea..... but I don't really think of a central Indiana. There is southern Indiana, northern Indiana, and the Indy area. 

Greenfield=Indy area (it's in a county that touches Marion)... anything north of Hamilton Co is northern Indiana. 

• Like 1