Bahamas rewind: Miller Kopp

In the second half of the first game, he did a great job creating space for himself. If he can do that, he will be a deadly player. If he's just a catch and shoot guy, I will be happy enough (we sure could have used one of those the last couple of years), but I was impressed with his ability to get his own shot. I didn't see any evidence that he can get to the rim, but he made space.

6 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

In the second half of the first game, he did a great job creating space for himself. If he can do that, he will be a deadly player. If he's just a catch and shoot guy, I will be happy enough (we sure could have used one of those the last couple of years), but I was impressed with his ability to get his own shot. I didn't see any evidence that he can get to the rim, but he made space.

I saw him a lot at Northwestern...he isn't going to go to the hoop in the half court very often, but he does get out on the break ok...

His strength is as you said...getting his own mid-range shot and catch and shoot from 3...

I'm hoping he'll be at least adequate on the defensive end, and hit the boards a little harder than he did at Northwestern (as @The Daily Hoosier said in his piece)... 

10 hours ago, slojoe said:

I think Kopp will be the guy who stirs the drink for this team. 

I think the ceiling for him would be for him to be IU's second leading scorer with an overall FG % around 45 and near 40% from 3. 13 ppg would be near my expectations...

And if he plays close to his sophomore season he can get there...his health and confidence are the only things that can get in the way...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1