Will Tom Allen be back if we lose out?

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

he may not be? Rumor is he has been contacted by a certain team from the south weeks ago. After hearing this. I then seen an article published that had curtain High profile coaches and what there buy out would be. Allen was one of those coaches. Truth to it? timing was spot on and could explain attitude if leaked? 

Where’d you see that?

1 hour ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

IU is dumb is they let Allen walk.  Allen needs to bring in a better staff.

Coach need to make adjustments and bring in an offensive staff.

With that being said, for the rumor mentioned in this thread - can you imagine a team down south hiring a coach who hasn't beat a power5 team this year?  

Hopefully there is a plan for the offense and especially the line. 

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

I think that last season was just a covid season fluke. 

I guess Tom Allen will probably get another year after next week's beat down but man, this team is terrible. Just terrible 

What about the season before when he went 8-5? IU fans are used to the football team being bad. The guy went 14-7 last two seasons before this one. The team is horrible this year... but it isn't any worse than some of our teams from the past. TA has a $30mil buyout this year if we were to fire him, since we owe him 100% of his remaining contract. In Nov 2024 that goes down to 50% of his remaining contract. Therefore, he will obviously be here next season, and probably the season after that, even if he doesn't win another BIG Ten game. Let's see what happens in the offseason and how they perform next season. A good season at IU is making a bowl game. Its not out of question we could return there next year with 6 wins. If we have 2 more seasons like this then it's time to move on, but I think he will at least get 2 more years based on how his contract is structured. This thread should probably be put to rest for a couple more years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DireBump said:

What about the season before when he went 8-5? IU fans are used to the football team being bad. The guy went 14-7 last two seasons before this one. The team is horrible this year... but it isn't any worse than some of our teams from the past. TA has a $30mil buyout this year if we were to fire him, since we owe him 100% of his remaining contract. In Nov 2024 that goes down to 50% of his remaining contract. Therefore, he will obviously be here next season, and probably the season after that, even if he doesn't win another BIG Ten game. Let's see what happens in the offseason and how they perform next season. A good season at IU is making a bowl game. Its not out of question we could return there next year with 6 wins. If we have 2 more seasons like this then it's time to move on, but I think he will at least get 2 more years based on how his contract is structured. This thread should probably be put to rest for a couple more years.

You're wasting your time responding to the Turtle he is a Toiletmaker troll.

Edited by Hoosier51