Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winning the PGA Championship playing left handed is impressive, doing it at age 50 playing left handed is extra so.   Good for Mickelson and hooray for us old guys.

After our successful high school golf season, I was given a pretty cool honor. Champaign paper's coach of the year I couldn't find a way to sneak in that I was an Indiana fan, but I really t

Our boys won our first ever regional championship today.  In Illinois, we do regionals first.  Shot a 357, won by 20 shots, and took top 2 spots individually.  Pretty fantastic day!

Posted Images

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Mcilroy just imploded on the 12th.  Triple bogey.

Ruined his entire run of great work. At that point had 4 birdies in a row and all the momentum needed and he does that. One thing about Tiger's greatness that is often overlooked is his ability to not have those types of holes in majors. Bogeys will happen sure but a triple? 

We'll see what happens today. All it takes is 1 run to vault up the scoreboard by anyone....and of course Rose is there. Seems like harder the conditions or course the better he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good buddies Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth playing together today.  Through 13, Thomas is -4 for the round and Spieth is +5.  9 stroke differential.  Has to be a humbling experience for Spieth.

Edited by 5fouls
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know nothing about golf, but I have to wonder if Spieth has always found golf pretty easy.  He talks about wanting to go out and have fun, but i am not sure that he's ever had to struggle like he is now.  Had so much success right out of the gate and he made it look easy.  But the guys playing now are machines and when you start to slide a little and doubt sneaks into the space between your ears...the results are devastating.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I know nothing about golf, but I have to wonder if Spieth has always found golf pretty easy.  He talks about wanting to go out and have fun, but i am not sure that he's ever had to struggle like he is now.  Had so much success right out of the gate and he made it look easy.  But the guys playing now are machines and when you start to slide a little and doubt sneaks into the space between your ears...the results are devastating.  

As someone who has played his entire life. Spieth's game is all between the ears right now.....but I'll say this. There are 40 guys a week who can win on the tour. 2 putts a day is the difference between first and 33rd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

As someone who has played his entire life. Spieth's game is all between the ears right now.....but I'll say this. There are 40 guys a week who can win on the tour. 2 putts a day is the difference between first and 33rd.

Or, in my case, it's not the 2 extra putts that's the problem, but the 5 extra shots to get it on the green on every hole.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a fun one later today/tonight. As Brooks said yesterday not many people at top of leaderboard with wins in majors. I think -11 wins this thing today. 17-18 guys within 4 shots. Could be a day where someone comes out and posts a number. On a side note I hope PGA looks into some prime time golf moving forward. Especially during summer months. Love watching at night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Or, in my case, it's not the 2 extra putts that's the problem, but the 5 extra shots to get it on the green on every hole.

One of my favorite Hank Aaron quotes...

“It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. It took one afternoon on the golf course.”
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One of my favorite Hank Aaron quotes...

“It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. It took one afternoon on the golf course.”
 

Isn't that the truth. I've played since I was 5 and even on Friday I was standing over the ball and asked myself what am I doing? Maybe baseball but don't know of sport where it go can go and go quickly as golf does the wrong way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Should be a fun one later today/tonight. As Brooks said yesterday not many people at top of leaderboard with wins in majors. I think -11 wins this thing today. 17-18 guys within 4 shots. Could be a day where someone comes out and posts a number. On a side note I hope PGA looks into some prime time golf moving forward. Especially during summer months. Love watching at night.

At this point, you have to like DJ's chances.  Koepka still does not appear to be at 100%,  Day, Rose, Casey, and Finau are top golfers that have historically not been 'big moment' guys.  DeChambeau obviously has the potential.  But, the guy I'm watching out for is Morikawa.  Seems to be that he has the demeanor and game to pull it off.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

At this point, you have to like DJ's chances.  Koepka still does not appear to be at 100%,  Day, Rose, Casey, and Finau are top golfers that have historically not been 'big moment' guys.  DeChambeau obviously has the potential.  But, the guy I'm watching out for is Morikawa.  Seems to be that he has the demeanor and game to pull it off.

Plus Morikawa played that course many times in college and being from California is very familiar with the conditions.  But...he's also just 23.  😊

Personally, I'm pulling for DJ.  But it's going to be fun to watch, I'm guessing.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...