Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love Chris Ballard an uncomfortable amount.  What a treat after the Grigson years.

GAME TIME

Does anyone else do a double take when they see Washington Football Team abbreviated to WFT because they automatically read those letters in a different order? 

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Going out on a limb here.but Mills we be as good or better than any of the other QB'S in this draft.  Kid will be the real dael.

Could be the steal of the draft?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rico said:

Could be the steal of the draft?

I think so or just another Chicago flop. Did you know that the Bears all time leading receiver only has a little over 5000 yards. I did not realize just how futile the passing game truly has been

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think so or just another Chicago flop. Did you know that the Bears all time leading receiver only has a little over 5000 yards. I did not realize just how futile the passing game truly has been

I did not know that.  But in their defense(or not) they have never had a QB that was a gunslinger.  It is interesting that the Cardinals have 5 guys with over 7,000 yards though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rico said:

I did not know that.  But in their defense(or not) they have never had a QB that was a gunslinger.  It is interesting that the Cardinals have 5 guys with over 7,000 yards though.

I believe Ditka and Sweetness are top 5 in career receiving yards for the Bears.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe Ditka and Sweetness are top 5 in career receiving yards for the Bears.

Yes, they are.

1. Johnny Morris-5,059

2. Harlan Hill-4,616

3. Alshon Jeffery-4,549

4. Walter Payton-4,538

5. Mike Ditka-4,503

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rico said:

I did not know that.  But in their defense(or not) they have never had a QB that was a gunslinger.  It is interesting that the Cardinals have 5 guys with over 7,000 yards though.

I know he's one of the best of all time, but Larry Fitzgerald alone has over 3,000 yards more than the top 3 Bears receivers combined.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I know he's one of the best of all time, but Larry Fitzgerald alone has over 3,000 yards more than the top 3 Bears receivers combined.

True...but it is also true that the Bears passing game has been historically the worst in the NFL.  Why is that?  <insert image of beating a dead horse>

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've felt how bad it was.....but when Alshon Jeffery is #3 all time that says all you need to know. Good Lord that's bad.

Indeed. To think he could make their ring of honor or whatever...as one of the greatest WR of all time....crazy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've felt how bad it was.....but when Alshon Jeffery is #3 all time that says all you need to know. Good Lord that's bad.

Is there talk about the Bears to try to move into the top 8 or so picks to land a QB?  It would take a haul, but if you get the right guy, it is worth it.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, Leathernecks said:

I'm convinced Pace would finish in the bottom half of a free fantasy football league.

No doubt.  He’s right there with Ryan Grigson and Polian’s kid as the worst GM’s of recent years.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Is there talk about the Bears to try to move into the top 8 or so picks to land a QB?  It would take a haul, but if you get the right guy, it is worth it.  

I've been in the Mac Jones camp since earlier this spring. Was begging for Bears to take him at 20th. Guess the rest of the NFL caught up because I don't see him lasting.

I see first 6 out of 11 should address QB situation. If our Bears want to make a move I think they would have to get up to pick 5-7 range to get the QB they want. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been in the Mac Jones camp since earlier this spring. Was begging for Bears to take him at 20th. Guess the rest of the NFL caught up because I don't see him lasting.

I see first 6 out of 11 should address QB situation. If our Bears want to make a move I think they would have to get up to pick 5-7 range to get the QB they want. 

I agree. Miami at 6 could be in play.  But it would take a haul for a team to drop all the way down to 20 when they could get a top player like Chase or Pitts.  It’s quite a drop down to only get the 20th guy.  

Mac Jones gives me a Chad Pennington vibe and that is a compliment.  Chad was an MVP candidate.  Not a huge arm but made smart plays.  As BB says, do your job and don’t self destruct and you will win.  Mac is the kind of guy who frustrates the D because he’s not imposing.  You think you could rattle him or get him to throw picks.  But he doesn’t.  

Having said that, if he busts out I won’t be shocked though.  It’s a tough assessment when you have elite receivers, running back and an offensive line with first and second round picks.  So that’s a tough comp.  What happens if the pocket breaks down on him a lot and he lacks open receivers.  There are unknowns in these respects.

 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

On average 2 if these 5 QB's drafted in the first round will end up a bust.  You just hope you draft the correct QB and not the wrong one

I wonder how much certain schools play into being a bust?  I was listening the other day and the TH's(talking heads) were discussing Ian Book of ND.  Basically Kelley has not produced a bona fide NFL QB in his time in South Bend.  Book, they said, is ranked 9th in this class.

The gist of the discussion was that NFL teams are leary of QB's that come out of blue blood schools.  I don't know if I believe that or not but they made some compelling arguments.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 7:38 AM, rico said:

I wonder how much certain schools play into being a bust?  I was listening the other day and the TH's(talking heads) were discussing Ian Book of ND.  Basically Kelley has not produced a bona fide NFL QB in his time in South Bend.  Book, they said, is ranked 9th in this class.

The gist of the discussion was that NFL teams are leary of QB's that come out of blue blood schools.  I don't know if I believe that or not but they made some compelling arguments.

If Book is 9th in this class it's a damn poor class depth wise. Small quarterback with poor arm....biggest strength was his mobility but that would get him killed in the NFL. I think issue with blue blood qb is that they typically have tons of time in the pocket to throw and that they matchup outside is overwhelming in their favor. I mean who couldn't throw to Alabama's WR core? They are freaking 2-3 yards open on every play. NFL qbs have to throw their player open and fit it in tight windows. I think sometimes schools matter...coaching matters...but overall the best just jump out at you with their gifts and skills...especially if they can make NFL level throws and are good decision makers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridgewater traded to Denver for picks. Broncos not sold on Locke and Fangio trying to save his job. Rumor has it that Patriots may trade up to take a quarterback with Carolina’s 8th pick. Ruhle must be comfortable with Darnold for the immediate future it seems 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dgambill said:

If Book is 9th in this class it's a damn poor class depth wise. Small quarterback with poor arm....biggest strength was his mobility but that would get him killed in the NFL. I think issue with blue blood qb is that they typically have tons of time in the pocket to throw and that they matchup outside is overwhelming in their favor. I mean who couldn't throw to Alabama's WR core? They are freaking 2-3 yards open on every play. NFL qbs have to throw their player open and fit it in tight windows. I think sometimes schools matter...coaching matters...but overall the best just jump out at you with their gifts and skills...especially if they can make NFL level throws and are good decision makers.

I dont think any class that starts with the 3 guys at the top can be considered poor depth wise. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I dont think any class that starts with the 3 guys at the top can be considered poor depth wise. 

Honest question, are the top 3 that great? Or is it the perception that to succeed you have to have a great QB makes them a higher priority? I really an not sure. I just know that stats say 3 of those top 5 will not work out. I am still going out on my limb all by myself and say that Mills from Stanford will be better than all but Lawrence, I think Fields is right there with those 2. Lance, Wilson and Jones will be the flops IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Honest question, are the top 3 that great? Or is it the perception that to succeed you have to have a great QB makes them a higher priority? I really an not sure. I just know that stats say 3 of those top 5 will not work out. I am still going out on my limb all by myself and say that Mills from Stanford will be better than all but Lawrence, I think Fields is right there with those 2. Lance, Wilson and Jones will be the flops IMO

I think Fields and Lawrence are fantastic and I think much the same about Wilson, but... I think fit and situation for a young QB is probably the most important aspect of their career. Or at least the most underrated part. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...