Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, rogue3542 said:

That's fine, but show me once where a foul is called when a player swats the ball cleanly, and then his motion takes his arm or body to the shooter CLEARLY after the block has happened.  It never gets called.

Plays where it's not cut and dry get called sure, but not after clear, unequivocal blocks.

Ok   I'm not going to rewatch games just to find an example.  If its a foul its a foul.  This isn't complicated.  

Did anyone else watch the postgame show last night or this morning on BTN?  I know Andy Katz made the comment about lower leg injury but he also said he texted the staff and had gotten a response that they don't think it's serious.  I hope that's the case, because it didn't look good during the game.  Still expecting the worst but thought I'd share since I didn't see that posted.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Did anyone else watch the postgame show last night or this morning on BTN?  I know Andy Katz made the comment about lower leg injury but he also said he texted the staff and had gotten a response that they don't think it's serious.  I hope that's the case, because it didn't look good during the game.  Still expecting the worst but thought I'd share since I didn't see that posted.  

I hope so.  Didn't see this morning.  

The way he was whincing and in pain, I thought Achilles.  

6 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I missed that last night on the post-game, but that would be great 

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ok.  This board would have frozen up if that happened to us in the middle of the Purdue game.  Total melt of servers. B1G office emails would have been flooded with complaints  

I'm overly sure what that means though? They freak out over subbing. 

But what kind of foul would you have called there? 

Edited by btownqb

4 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Also - sorry if mentioned, but did Coach intentionally blow off Shrews and just wave?  It looked like Shrews was waiting for him and was like WTF?    Wonder if Coach was pissed they ran a play at the end when IU just dribbled out the clock. 

I think they have been skipping the post game hand shakes for a few games now. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm overly sure what that means though? They freak out of subs. 

But what kind of foul would you have called there? 

Speaking of subbing.  I actually loved the lineups last night.  Seems like we kept 3 and 4 starters on the floor most of the time.  There wasn't a time I remember thinking, this is a funky lineup.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Speaking of subbing.  I actually loved the lineups last night.  Seems like we kept 3 and 4 starters on the floor most of the time.  There wasn't a time I remember thinking, this is a funky lineup.  

I've not watched a game this season and thought that. We had 3 and 4 subs on the court plenty of the time, in the first half. And I was told since last TH the starters WERE the problem? I can't keep it all straight.  Durr was suspended, so that obviously gave more mins to other people. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not sure what its called, player control, after the shot, on the ground.  

If that’s the case, then everytime a player dives into/onto another player trying to grab a loose ball or create a tie up would be a foul. Those never get called even when more a rugby scrum than a “basketball play”. As soon as Geronimo blocked the shot everything else was loose ball, incidental contact in my opinion 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I think they have been skipping the post game hand shakes for a few games now. 

Gotcha.   I’m thinking it was a miscommunication and Shrews thought they were shaking, but he gave a confused look.      But when IU dribbled out the clock, PSU ran a play.  Not sure if Coach took that as a sleight 

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

If that’s the case, then everytime a player dives into/onto another player trying to grab a loose ball or create a tie up would be a foul. Those never get called even when more a rugby scrum than a “basketball play”. As soon as Geronimo blocked the shot everything else was loose ball, incidental contact in my opinion 

But thats not the rule though. The shooter has a right to land regardless of whether a shot is blocked or not. IMO that was a foul. Great play by JG but he has to give the guy the space below his feel. JG is entitled to the space below his feet as well but where he landed was in the shooters space. 

If X or Parker would have had that happen at Purdue and no foul called we would all be throwing a fit about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But what are you calling? If this contact is under the rim it's not close to being viewed as a foul.  

Maybe im wrong but it looked like the shooter was behind the arc. Blocking foul after the shot. Ball out of bounds. 

No different than taking a charge under the basket vs on the perimeter. One is a charge the other a block

Edited by Billingsley99

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

But thats not the rule though. The shooter has a right to land regardless of whether a shot is blocked or not. IMO that was a foul. Great play by JG but he has to give the guy the space below his feel. JG is entitled to the space below his feet as well but where he landed was in the shooters space. 

If X or Parker would have had that happen at Purdue and no foul called we would all be throwing a fit about it. 

But the shooter did land. Both of his feet are easily on the ground. You can't call a 3 shot foul there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Oh I love the term incidental contact.  Should the Nebraska player been called for a foul, jumping on top of X during that scramble?  Yes.  People on here were even asking for a flagrant 1.  

It gets called some, probably not as often as it should.  Loose balls don't mean all rules are off until someone controls it.  

You can't incidentally push a guy out of the way, a foul is a foul.