2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Cardinals signed Sonny Gray to a 3/75mil. I guess the Reds was in on him but I don't think I would have given a 33 year old pitcher but hat much money. Also with how it seems like baseball is de emphasizing starting pitching why give that much to a starter. On average a starter will start 25-30 games a week ear and 175-200 inning as a year.

As a Yankee fan, I'm starting to get excited over rumors I'm hearing about off-season moves. Many MLB journalists seem to think the Yanks will get Yamamoto, the top international pitcher. Many say he's the real deal. Also like the possibility of Bellinger and Soto coming to the Bronx. WOW!

But, am I optimistic Cashman can get it done? Not really

Stay tuned.....

UPDATE: Be still my heart...

Reports are the Yanks and the Padres are in the "exchanging names process" for Soto. One of the names the Padres are wanting is Jason Dominguez, I say a big NO. But SD is wanting pitching and that is something the Yankees do have. Plus the Padres are strapped for cash and need to shed some payroll.

Gonna get interesting....

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

I was getting ready to go to bed and my son texted me with the news!

Hot Dog!!

Juan Soto is officially a New York Yankee!!!!!!!!!

They have went from one of the worst offense in the MLB to potentially one of the best! I foresee this lineup terrorizing Major League pitching! Great job Cashman, now get Yamamoto!!

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

Who thought the AL East would be making huge deals this offseason??

First, the Yankees with Juan Soto, and now the Blue Jays getting Shohei Ohtani!! Don't know the terms of Ohtani's deal, but I have heard 12 years and money wide, he could have the largest contract!! I did not think the Jays had that kind of money to spend and pry him away from the Dodgers....

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Who thought the AL East would be making huge deals this offseason??

First, the Yankees with Juan Soto, and now the Blue Jays getting Shohei Ohtani!! Don't know the terms of Ohtani's deal, but I have heard 12 years and money wide, he could have the largest contract!! I did not think the Jays had that kind of money to spend and pry him away from the Dodgers....

Might be a little premature on Ohtani

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yeah…10 years 700 million. As good as he is, he’s not worth that. Isn’t 70 million a year about what some small market teams pay for their entire roster for a season? 

My understanding between merchandise and other things is any team that signed him would see an increase in value by at least $40M a year......so maybe the net $30M  is how it plays out? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My understanding between merchandise and other things is any team that signed him would see an increase in value by at least $40M a year......so maybe the net $30M  is how it plays out? 

That makes sense…but it will still have them way over the luxury tax. I do wonder what the cubs backup plan is? I saw an article speculating boras wants close to 300 million for bellinger…I don’t think that is a good move. Maybe bellinger goes to blue jays now?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

That makes sense…but it will still have them way over the luxury tax. I do wonder what the cubs backup plan is? I saw an article speculating boras wants close to 300 million for bellinger…I don’t think that is a good move. Maybe bellinger goes to blue jays now?

I'll take Matt Chapman in our infield and go find 2 starters....along with another bat. All of that would cost less than $300M. Better for us.

• Like 1