Congratulations Tamar on the birth of your baby girl Leilani

13 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

If anything this kid is going to give him focus unlike he ever had.  Set me on the right path after mine was born.

I hesitated awhile before saying anything on the matter because I was concerned about being misunderstood...

I hope your experience is the same for Tamar.  I just get a little concerned about a 19-year-old father being mature and focused enough to keep everything in balance.  Children are a blessing and those are pictures of a sweet little girl that Tamar should rightly treasure.  I just hope he's up to the task of being a good father to that little girl.  Too many kids grow up in single parent households because one party or both simply didn't have the maturity to deal with parenthood when their child was born.

Likewise, Tamar needs to be ready to step up on the court and I hope his daughter is an inspiration to do so.  I'd be lying if I said this last season met my expectations for him.

• Like 4

I wish Tamar and his baby girl and family the best.  Hoping Tamar blows up as she grows up before us and we get a front row seat watching both.  We have a brand new little mascot and member of Hoosier Nation. Would be a heck of a story cutting some nets down and holding your baby girl and heading off to the draft after BLOWING up.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

He could have taken the other route like others have chosen and instead seems to have embraced his duties as a father.

Right there it is. Shows a lot about his character. He’s not shying away from it, he’s embracing it. I think that will be prophetic, as now he’s got a big reason to succeed both on and off the court. 

And while nobody is truly ready to be a first time parent, especially at 19, the fact he’s embracing the role is a good sign he’ll be better than some. Congrats, Tamar. 

• Like 3

Congratulations to Tamar and his girlfriend. That is one beautiful baby! 

There's a special bond between fathers and daughters. 

His time will be at a premium between school, basketball, and his family. 

But he seems like the kind of man who's up to the challenge...

• Like 4