Little 5...

First full Little 5 experience for the kids since 2019. Maybe just a small thread of stories or experiences.

Few favorites were these.

1) My sister's roommates car was the one Brett Law was famously photographed on. She woke the next afternoon to go to work on Sunday and she asked where her car was. Didn't remember what happened.

2) My freshman year Mellencamp sang at Memorial...it was cold/rainy but not a care in the world. It was a couple weeks removed from our Final 4 and Mellencamp doing his thing....I was in absolute heaven as an IU student.

3) Junior year. Day parties were our thing so we wouldn't draw attention at night....or at least we thought. Knock, knock, knock....I answer the door to Bloomington's finest. Got a break. The cop hooked up with my  sister's best friend the year before and he gave me the hey....tell her hi but turn down the music and drink inside routine.

4) Probably my favorite....after years of begging had friends from all over the Midwest come down to Bloomington for the weekend. We snuck in Assembly Hall. Pictures on the floor. Went to the Race. Kirkwood....Villas and I remember my best friend saying on his way out the door on Sunday. Dude....no way I would graduate from this place. Best college weekend ever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Shooting at a club called Kalao last night. Sports was closed to protect students I'm assuming. I think they have the suspect in custody....but might be looking for others. 

Scary stuff. Have a great time kids but please be safe.

Back in my day, the most dangerous thing you encountered during L5 was having a toilet thrown out of a 2nd story window. 

And no, I’m not kidding. I was walking back to my apartment and as I was somewhere around 14th-15th and Dunn (memory is a bit fuzzy…lol), out of one of the houses there, an entire toilet came flying out a 2nd story window. All I did was think “Yep….” and kept walking. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Ain’t no party like a Villas little 5 party. I lived in the way back corner of the villas, it was like it’s own world. 

That back corner was beautiful. My good friends lived there....they were 2-3 units down from Calbert when he lived there his senior year. 

3 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Ain’t no party like a Villas little 5 party. I lived in the way back corner of the villas, it was like it’s own world. 

Had friends that lived towards the front of the Villas, but can semi-remember drinking a brew or 27 along the back row a time or two. 

That Mellencamp show in, what, 1986? That's one of my favorite concert experiences ever, from camping out for tickets and then the actual show, which was just brilliant. Pretty sure that's the only show I've seen where someone's grandma opened it, and we went absolutely bonkers for her. For anyone interested, here's the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/john-mellencamp/1986/memorial-stadium-bloomington-in-bdb5d22.html

As for the rest of Little 5 memories, it's just a blur of drinking and parties.

• Like 1