Basketball vs football ticket pricing - a first?

Having selected my football seats yesterday I noticed that my basketball season ticket renewal application is live in my account. The price per game for my football season tickets is $53 while the per game price for the upcoming basketball season is $54. I am wondering if any other B10 school has basketball tickets priced higher than football?
This is the first time by my recollection that IU basketball per game tickets cost more than football.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

Having selected my football seats yesterday I noticed that my basketball season ticket renewal application is live in my account. The price per game for my football season tickets is $53 while the per game price for the upcoming basketball season is $54. I am wondering if any other B10 school has basketball tickets priced higher than football?
This is the first time by my recollection that IU basketball per game tickets cost more than football.

I don't think anyone else would be close to this. Only exception in the ballpark would maybe be Purdue occasionally. Maybe Sparty during lean football years while basketball team was expected to challenge nationally? 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think anyone else would be close to this. Only exception in the ballpark would maybe be Purdue occasionally. Maybe Sparty during lean football years while basketball team was expected to challenge nationally? 

highly doubt it 

• Like 1

Is it maybe where the seats are located for each sport that causes this?

We buy parking passes for football each year, and then I just stubhub/scalp tickets for each game.  I also buy tickets for maybe one basketball game per year, and I can tell you from ample experience, football doesn't even come close to basketball expense on the secondary market, so seeing the face value higher for basketball doesn't surprise me that much; I'm also assuming the bball seats are pretty decent.