NCAAF/National Scene

rico

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, but he was never a HC before this job.... 

But he was an internal promotion. Players knew him. Didn't have as big of a challenge of needing to re-sell the players on staying. 

Lots more variables than just whether he had been a HC prior. Can't simplify the situation to that one to support your argument.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

But he was an internal promotion. Players knew him. Didn't have as big of a challenge of needing to re-sell the players on staying. 

Lots more variables than just whether he had been a HC prior. Can't simplify the situation to that one to support your argument.

Sure I can. It's stupid for us to limit ourselves AT ALL... in a coaching search. Plum stupid. 

Really happy for the whole Penix family. I mean 2-3 years ago Penix was suffering from injuries,etc....and no doubt the dream of being a NFL QB was going down the drain for him and his family.

Now? All but guaranteed a first round choice, should move up in Heisman talk and they are in CFP.

PS....no clue why Oregon was a 10 point favorite.

I think I heard the phrase agent of chaos was associated with today if Bama wins.

Assuming Michigan handles their stuff you have Michigan and Washington in as locks. Now if Georgia wins it comes down to undefeated Noles or 1 loss Texas. If Bama wins though this is where it gets stupid. If Bama wins does Georgia fall all the way out? Does Texas jump Florida St because of SOS and Longhorns win in Tuscaloosa?

One more. If Noles win but it's close do they still deserve to be in because of undefeated record? This is always the hard part. Is it the 4 best teams to get in or the 4 most deserving.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I heard the phrase agent of chaos was associated with today if Bama wins.

Assuming Michigan handles their stuff you have Michigan and Washington in as locks. Now if Georgia wins it comes down to undefeated Noles or 1 loss Texas. If Bama wins though this is where it gets stupid. If Bama wins does Georgia fall all the way out? Does Texas jump Florida St because of SOS and Longhorns win in Tuscaloosa?

One more. If Noles win but it's close do they still deserve to be in because of undefeated record? This is always the hard part. Is it the 4 best teams to get in or the 4 most deserving.

Nobody jumps an undefeated and conference champion FSU IF they can win with a third QB today IMO. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If Texas wins today do they jump Ohio State?  That’s a very interesting question to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would say yes. Lots of crazy scenarios playing out. Guess it's time to just sit back and let it play out and the debate can start tonight around 11 EST.

I agree.  I think they do also.  I think having that conference championship matters.  I’m a little surprised they aren’t already with that win at Alabama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Really happy for the whole Penix family. I mean 2-3 years ago Penix was suffering from injuries,etc....and no doubt the dream of being a NFL QB was going down the drain for him and his family.

Now? All but guaranteed a first round choice, should move up in Heisman talk and they are in CFP.

I don’t think he is a lock for first rd. He will be 24 by the time he is drafted. He is like 4 years older than most the guys he is playing against. I suspect an early rd 2 pick like Hooker he will fall because of his injury history and age.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

If Texas wins today do they jump Ohio State?  That’s a very interesting question to me.

Absolutely they will…but that doesn’t mean they make the playoffs. Best scenario for selection crew is for Georgia to win..the Bama second loss will hurt Texas and it will be all 4 undefeated teams moving on. Georgia vs FSU and Michigan vs Washington.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The answer to your P.S., which is a fair question, is basically metrics.  Oregon won by more, sometimes much more, against common opponents than Washington.  The metrics made the first game between the two teams seem like an upset, or at least that Washington only won because they were at home.  Oregon’s 81-7 win over Portland State doesn’t hurt those metrics, either.  I would guess that if the teams played a third time, Oregon would still be a slight favorite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think he is a lock for first rd. He will be 24 by the time he is drafted. He is like 4 years older than most the guys he is playing against. I suspect an early rd 2 pick like Hooker he will fall because of his injury history and age.

Maybe for sure but Burrow was 23 when he was drafted. I'm not saying Penix is Burrow but Burrow was also throwing to Jefferson and Chase in college.