NCAAF/National Scene

rico

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't understand why Georgia would automatically get out if they lose today. They have been #1 all year and still would have only one loss 

Only one SEC would make it if things play out as it should. Georgia isn’t getting in if they lose to Alabama…there isn’t room for two…and head to head means Bama goes. Bama also had a tougher schedule (as crazy as that seems). Georgias only decent wins Ole Miss and Missouri both lost to Bama as well.

Edited by dgambill

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Only one SEC would make it if things play out as it should. Georgia isn’t getting in if they lose to Alabama…there isn’t room for two…and head to head means Bama goes. Bama also had a tougher schedule (as crazy as that seems). Georgias only decent wins Ole Miss and Missouri both lost to Bama as well.

If head to head really matters, and both Bama and FSU win, then there should be no SEC team in the playoffs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If head to head really matters, and both Bama and FSU win, then there should be no SEC team in the playoffs 

I think it matters but isn’t all that matters. Who has Florida St faced this year? Their best win is LSU who hasn’t really beaten anyone. Also their best player is out. They need to be convincing tonight to say the least.

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Definitely agree, but not sure I would trust the committee to leave Alabama out if they beat Georgia.

I think it hurts FSU…to justify putting Bama in they will leap frog Texas over them. If Bama loses Texas win means less and FSU just needs to win.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I think it matters but isn’t all that matters. Who has Florida St faced this year? Their best win is LSU who hasn’t really beaten anyone. Also their best player is out. They need to be convincing tonight to say the least.

An undefeated Power 5 conference champion should always go before a 1 loss champion. And if FSU can win without their best player, that’s even more impressive 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think it hurts FSU…to justify putting Bama in they will leap frog Texas over them.

You think if FSU and Alabama win it will be: UM, Washington, Texas and Alabama?

In that scenario I would put in: UM, Washington, Texas and FSU.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

An undefeated Power 5 conference champion should always go before a 1 loss champion. And if FSU can win without their best player, that’s even more impressive 

Beating a bad UL isn’t impressive. Not all power conferences are equal and we all know that. I feel bad for them but If the committee is trying to find the 4 best teams…FSU isn’t one of them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rico said:

I dunno.  The NCAA does have an "injury clause" for the basketball tournament.  They deserve to be in with a win but....

That’s fair a fair point.  But it’s not like FSU is a group of 5 school.  I just can’t imagine them leaving out an undefeated ACC champ.  Maybe I want the SEC left out too badly.  Lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

That’s fair a fair point.  But it’s not like FSU is a group of 5 school.  I just can’t imagine them leaving out an undefeated ACC champ.  Maybe I want the SEC left out too badly.  Lol

I can't imagine them getting left out either.  

• Like 2

C'mon, FSU, UofM, UGA and UW were all win and you're in. No way one of them gets denied if they win. The controversy starts when Georgia loses this game by less than the points the refs stole from them. Then when FSU loses tonight, it becomes more interesting still.

My guess at 6:11pm EST is, in order, Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama. I don't know that I would vote that, but that's my guess.

If there are 5 power conferences and only 4 spots then to me the committee has to look at more factors then just winning your conference. This has always been a horrible system but they will put the 4 best teams in…maybe they think FSU is better than a 1 loss team…but if they are trying for the 4 best teams…I don’t think they will select them if Bama wins convincingly.