Possible B1G expansion?

rico

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

One thing about realignment, geography has very little to do with it, as we saw with Rutgers and Maryland. It's all about market and money. I'm not sure the Big Ten really needs the Pittsburgh/WV market. 

I think it'd be East coast (unless it's ND). I honestly don't know. I guess possibly Ga Tech. Don't see Missouri at all, don't see Kansas at all either. 

5 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Xavier does not have football so that will not happen as much as I would love it for basketball, I got my masters there, and living in the area, plus it is TINY compared to any other school in the B1G.  Right now Northwestern is the smallest at around 21000 , Xavier has 6500.  I am not sure what Cincinnati would , academically they are ok, decent Med school, do not add TV market.  

Uhhh.. I watched We Are Marshall... Xavier definitely had football!!! 

2 hours ago, Lizard said:

Interesting question.

My Ideal next 2:  Notre Dame (makes so much sense that its now impossible lol) Colorado (I favor them over Mizzou for purely aesthetic reasons)

My Most-likely next 2:  Georgia Tech, Houston (Major markets and mostly non-threatening overall athletic programs to start)

My Dum-dum next 2:  Louisville , Kentucky (obviously)

The Colorado/Nebraska football game every year was HUGE !  It would be cool to renew that rivalry.  And I would love adding Colorado to the B1G in order to see my Hoosiers.  However,  Colorado really does not fit the Midwest footprint IMHO. 

Archived