WBC

ATX_sig

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

Starts next week.  I think the US won the last title and for me it was really fun to watch. Does anyone else like to watch it. The drawback is it is during the NCAA tourney but the games have intensity to them. 

I like watching it.

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

Starts next week.  I think the US won the last title and for me it was really fun to watch. Does anyone else like to watch it. The drawback is it is during the NCAA tourney but the games have intensity to them. 

Absolutely love it.  Infinitely more enjoyable to watch than similar basketball events (like the Olympics).  

Found it interesting that Ken Griffey Jr is the hitting coach for USA.  Maybe that was case before but wonder if he wants to get into coaching.  I don't expect there is a bunch of coaching going on though other than managing playing time to keep the MLB clubs happy and pushing buttons during the game by the manager. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

Italy's flag consists of green, white, and red.  But yet they are wearing blue?  Is that Piazza's doing?

Does he have influence over their soccer team too.  They always wear blue.  I watched a bit of the Cuba/Ned game and an inning of the Koreaa/Aussie game.  It will get better once DR. PR and US start.  I'll have to load up the tubi app. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Adam Wainwright !?!?

Who are they rolling out next? Jim Kaat? 

It's hilarious.  The lineup is 

Betts

Trout

Goldschmidt

Arenado

Schwarber

Trey Turner

Kyle Tucker

Realmuto

McNeil

And, we back that up with Adam 'Freaking' Wainwright.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's hilarious.  The lineup is 

Betts

Trout

Goldschmidt

Arenado

Schwarber

Trey Turner

Kyle Tucker

Realmuto

McNeil

And, we back that up with Adam 'Freaking' Wainwright.  

I am sure it  is harder to get the best pitchers to play in this because there is a better chance of injury for pitchers 

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Have the replay of the Venezuela vs, Dominican Republic game on in the background this morning.  The passion that the players and fans for those teams have for this event is amazing.  Great stuff.

I am pulling for Columbia.  I like their sportswear.

• Haha 1

Ugh! The Mexico game showed the pitching staff is a problem for US. Hope that vaunted offense starts putting up 15 per game.  A mercy win tonight vs Canada would be fun.

Japan rocks and ican Venezuela be a sleeper? 

All 5 in cuba goes 2-2.  I guess Cuba wins the pool by run differential.  

• Like 1

This tournament sure produces entertainment.  US/Mexico matchup would be awesome but have a feeling Japan is going to roll thru to the title.  Just don't know if they had the competition that was on US side of bracket.  DR, PR, Ven., Mexico and US are all impressive teams.