NCAA Baseball 2023

btownqb

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was entertaining and working around the house.  Yesterday at the firehouse, I definitely let that slip.  I did watch USA soccer crush Canada for so.e concacaf tournament.   They look very good.  Need to get to Europe or south America and start playing top 10 teams more often.  

Well there ya go..  you went the soccer route yesterday (and respectfully, not something I'll ever watch unless IU is in some sort of a big game). 

Tenn vs Stanford at 2pm today.  Wake vs LSU tonight.  Mercy! 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well there ya go..  you went the soccer route yesterday (and respectfully, not something I'll ever watch unless IU is in some sort of a big game). 

Tenn vs Stanford at 2pm today.  Wake vs LSU tonight.  Mercy! 

2 epic games today. That Wake/LSU game should honestly be game 1 of the CWS finals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I know lol.. thats my point. This weekend was 6 of the best games we've ever seen at the CWS. 

I'm not chastising.. but it is interesting to me. 

Not you obviously, but there are quite a few of these dudes here that ONLY sport is Indiana Basketball. Like thats it. 

Haven't watched an inning of the CWS because I have little interest on college baseball outside of IU. All of my attention when it comes to baseball is watching the Reds

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Ok.  That's weird to me.  👍

Why? Is it weird. To me it is more more weird than you don't watch soccer unless it is IU. College basketball and the NFL are the only sports I will sit down and watch a y game that is on.  The other ones I will watch a few minutes here or there but not the whole game. I barely watched any of the NBA playoffs because I have lossed interest in the NBA except for the Pacers

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why? Is it weird. To me it is more more weird than you don't watch soccer unless it is IU. College basketball and the NFL are the only sports I will sit down and watch a y game that is on.  The other ones I will watch a few minutes here or there but not the whole game. I barely watched any of the NBA playoffs because I have lossed interest in the NBA except for the Pacers

Soccer sucks though lol.. like I don't like the sport itself. So why would me not watching soccer, unless the school that I have a degree from, is in the playoffs? 

"Why's it weird?" Because you are a baseball fan and don't watch really good baseball/epic matchups. 

"Weird to me" is what I meant to say. Either way it's just conversation. I find it interesting. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Soccer sucks though lol.. like I don't like the sport itself. So why would me not watching soccer, unless the school that I have a degree from, is in the playoffs? 

"Why's it weird?" Because you are a baseball fan and don't watch really good baseball/epic matchups. 

"Weird to me" is what I meant to say. Either way it's just conversation. I find it interesting. 

I don't watch soccer either but why say it is weird for me to not watch college baseball is. I don't really know who the players are because they don't really promote the game very well. Following recruiting is harder for baseball than the other sports.

The only time I remember watching the CWS was the summer we finally got cable. It was a good year because I saw Will Clarke and Raphael Palmero play for Miss. St

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't watch soccer either but why say it is weird for me to not watch college baseball is. I don't really know who the players are because they don't really promote the game very well. Following recruiting is harder for baseball than the other sports.

The only time I remember watching the CWS was the summer we finally got cable. It was a good year because I saw Will Clarke and Raphael Palmero play for Miss. St

Weird to me. Not like you are some freak for not watching it lol 

I get the recruiting aspect and all that. I'm not really explaining myself well. Either way, CWS has been good, and the Reds are hot. I'm good with both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Scott this is my ultimate point. It's been INSANELY good games with TOP end talent, including 6 Top 10 picks in this year's draft alone. 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Scott this is my ultimate point. It's been INSANELY good games with TOP end talent, including 6 Top 10 picks in this year's draft alone. 

I totally understand what you are saying but I have little interest in watching it. I might watch an inning here and there and watch the 9th inning but not the whole game. The main problem with baseball you barely see any regular season games so you don't know the players. I can watch more OVC games in college basketball than I can see power conference teams in baseball.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I totally understand what you are saying but I have little interest in watching it. I might watch an inning here and there and watch the 9th inning but not the whole game. The main problem with baseball you barely see any regular season games so you don't know the players. I can watch more OVC games in college basketball than I can see power conference teams in baseball.

Invest the $10 a month to have ESPN+ and you can!

Shewwww... Stanford ran 1st rd Chase Dollander in the 4th, Tennessee has now ran Stanford Ace Quinn Matthews in the 5th... 

It was 4-0 Stanford, now 4-4 B5. 

The Vols survived!! Now they gotta face LSU again but at least it won't be against Skenes. 

LSU and Wake was a GREAT game. Pitchers duel and it didn't disappoint. Two elimination games today with the nightcap being another rematch. Vols have the pitching advantage today and they're the "home" team on the scoreboard today. Hopefully the Vols can hold off elimination another day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

The Vols survived!! Now they gotta face LSU again but at least it won't be against Skenes. 

LSU and Wake was a GREAT game. Pitchers duel and it didn't disappoint. Two elimination games today with the nightcap being another rematch. Vols have the pitching advantage today and they're the "home" team on the scoreboard today. Hopefully the Vols can hold off elimination another day.

Tenn Stanford was really good too. 

UT had Beam throwing today on extended rest.... he could throw 90-110 pitches easy... 

Tennessee is better set up to win this game, we'll see if they execute well enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unfortunately, through 5 1/2 rounds, no IU player selected. Maryland, Rutgers, OSU, PSU, Nebraska, and both Michigan schools have...with PSU, Nebraska and MSU having multiple players chosen.

That was expected. None of our studs are draft eligible/Glasser might be better off not being drafted.. he can sign with the team of his choosing. 

Next season we will have several drafted. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unfortunately, through 5 1/2 rounds, no IU player selected. Maryland, Rutgers, OSU, PSU, Nebraska, and both Michigan schools have...with PSU, Nebraska and MSU having multiple players chosen.

Boom. Yoho in the 8th as strictly relief pitcher innings. 

Nice little feather in Glant's cap. Sinnard, Kraft, Foley, Holderfield all draft eligible next year. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 1