Greeting a fellow Hoosier!

True story.  Was in Florida back in March.  I kid you not there was about 40-50 college girls about 100 feet down the sand.  Maybe 5 guys.  I see 3 dudes wearing IU gear come pulling a cooler and start looking, do we go left or right.  I tell me wife, I'm going to help these IU guys out.  I walk up and say what's up, chat about IU and then say, well fellas, there are tons of ladies just to the left here.  Have a good time, you are welcome.  

What do they do?  Go right.  I later saw them sitting around, about 8 dudes to 2 girls.  SMH.  

Back in the day, the entire crew would be packing up and heading left.  

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

True story.  Was in Florida back in March.  I kid you not there was about 40-50 college girls about 100 feet down the sand.  Maybe 5 guys.  I see 3 dudes wearing IU gear come pulling a cooler and start looking, do we go left or right.  I tell me wife, I'm going to help these IU guys out.  I walk up and say what's up, chat about IU and then say, well fellas, there are tons of ladies just to the left here.  Have a good time, you are welcome.  

What do they do?  Go right.  I later saw them sitting around, about 8 dudes to 2 girls.  SMH.  

Back in the day, the entire crew would be packing up and heading left.  

Maybe they were on the other team image.gif.2331b296bf4dfc108b791091fcfbcae2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I live in Maryland now, but I wear some sort of IU gear probably 75% of the time (especially during football and basketball season). I get a lot of comments asking if I went to IU and once I confirm we usually end up chatting about Mike Woodson, Bloomington, football, or some combination of the 3. Hoosiers are really hospitable people, and there are tons of us around.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

I live in Maryland now, but I wear some sort of IU gear probably 75% of the time (especially during football and basketball season). I get a lot of comments asking if I went to IU and once I confirm we usually end up chatting about Mike Woodson, Bloomington, football, or some combination of the 3. Hoosiers are really hospitable people, and there are tons of us around.

I live in Texas and when I wear my IU gear (which I do quite a bit) I get really dirty looks cause these nimrods can't distinguish an "I" from an "O" 

Boomer Hoosiers! 😉

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

Two years ago in Hilton Head I had my IU hat on and walking to the beach

A college age girl asked if I was from Indiana and said yes. She was an IU student from Columbus doing an intern down there.

Another set gentlemen saw me as well and he was from New York and was a grad of IU.

On 4/25/2023 at 11:10 AM, Hippopotamo said:

As I understand, IU has the 2nd largest alumni group in the country, behind Penn State being #1. A LOT of possible NIL $ out there.

• Like 1

I didn't know where to put this, but since we're talking about "Fellow Hoosiers" I thought it might be appropriate here...

If you ever wonder why our Fellow Hoosier Sage Steele is such a treasure, both in her career field and to Indiana University as a whole, you can watch this video to see why...Her father's story of overcoming so much along with his wife, and the values they imparted to their children is beyond inspirational...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2