CHEAP Talk & Text plans?

I recently upgraded to a newer refurbished phone, so I sent my old phone out to the grandkids so they can stay in touch when they get dropped off at their various sports practices and such.

I’m seeing Tello.com has a $6/month plan. Anyone have any experience with Tello? Have any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by Drroogh

36 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I recently upgraded to a newer refurbished phone, so I sent my old phone out to the grandkids so they can stay in touch when they get dropped off at their various spots practices and such.

I’m seeing Tello.com has a $6/month plan. Anyone have any experience with Tello? Have any suggestions? Thanks!

Wow.  That's cheap.  Pretty easy to burn 2 gigs.  Might as well get the 5 gig for 9.  

I use boost.  They merged with att.  Not exactly sure how it works but pretty sure I jump between att and t mobile towers.  Very little issue with service.  I pay 25 unlimited but I got a Samsung s22 for like 300.  1000 phone or a ridiculous 2 year contract with a 50 plus a month service.  Yeah right.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I recently upgraded to a newer refurbished phone, so I sent my old phone out to the grandkids so they can stay in touch when they get dropped off at their various spots practices and such.

Looks like tello uses t mobile.  Their network is pretty close to on par with Verizon and att these days.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Looks like tello uses t mobile.  Their network is pretty close to on par with Verizon and att these days.  

Yeah I’m on T-Mobile myself. Looking at this I’m considering changing and just keeping my T-Mobile internet???