5/18-5/20 vs. MSU (A) All 3 games on BTN

btownqb

MSU breakdown

hitting-- Vradenburg will be 1st team All conference and maybe B1G POY... looks like MSU has a pretty deep lineup avg wise, at least. 

image.thumb.png.4e72eee52a3093c3198c53b47aac5921.png

Pitching

image.thumb.png.5343b8addcca8bbef9152a3a43f6ce71.png

Certainly more of an offensive team, so we need to capitalize when we are on offense.

Pitching wise-- Sinnard get the nod tomorrow night. Yoho/Foley would be the guys in a close game. I think Risedorph starts game 2. I also think Kraft could throw an inning Thurs night and throw 2-3 on Sat type setup, but that determines on how the games go. Lots of ways we can go about this weekend, runs will make Mercer and Glants job way easier, offense can't sputter.  

2 pitches got us beat. 2 run HR to right field, and the bases-clearing double in the 6th. Only thing that really matters from last night was Kraft, when he was pulled, also had a bit of arm soreness. I was hoping to use him on Tues in the BTT, not sure about that now. 

Sinnard was solid again, but not perfect. Let things get too loose a couple of times. 

Not going to win the B1G now, not going to host, but have still had an excellent season and can have an incredible ending. 

First time in a long time that Kraft surrendered any amount of substaintial runs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

2 pitches got us beat. 2 run HR to right field, and the bases-clearing double in the 6th. Only thing that really matters from last night was Kraft, when he was pulled, also had a bit of arm soreness. I was hoping to use him on Tues in the BTT, not sure about that now. 

Sinnard was solid again, but not perfect. Let things get too loose a couple of times. 

Not going to win the B1G now, not going to host, but have still had an excellent season and can have an incredible ending. 

First time in a long time that Kraft surrendered any amount of substaintial runs. 

If the pitching takes another jump next year we should host… still not good enough this year 

Just now, 5 championships said:

If the pitching takes another jump next year we should host… still not good enough this year 

First of all, yes.... we should be taking another sizable jump from this season to next. For sure. I plan on making a long post after the season explaining the potential of this crew.... 

It might not have been deep enough to host this year, but it might be deep enough to win a regional this year. If Bothwell+Seiler keep performing well, we have a GOOD amount of depth. That is assuming Kraft is healthy. 

I assume Risedorph starts today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

First of all, yes.... we should be taking another sizable jump from this season to next. For sure. I plan on making a long post after the season explaining the potential of this crew.... 

It might not have been deep enough to host this year, but it might be deep enough to win a regional this year. If Bothwell+Seiler keep performing well, we have a GOOD amount of depth. That is assuming Kraft is healthy. 

I assume Risedorph starts today. 

I think next year we could be top 10 and have a shot at the World Series… best we’ve had since 2014 anyways… 1 or 2 pitchers away IMO

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

I think next year we could be top 10 and have a shot at the World Series… best we’ve had since 2014 anyways… 1 or 2 pitchers away IMO

Yes... buuuuuut.... 

1. Bode+Shepherd have to be able to hold down the catcher spot.. or, I guess we could go portaling, highly doubt it though with how highly those two were ranked... with as good as Serruto has been and Ellis before he was hurt, and assuming we still have development from others... they really only need to hit .230-.240, but we'd still need above average defense, if so... 

2. Shortstop/Leadoff-- can Cerny move SS and leadoff or can he do one of them? De Goti at SS? 

We have highly rated SS (one might pitch) could they be the guy? Or again.. portaling?.. 

3. Does Whalen come back to school? If not, I'd think portal for CF.. 

And yes, 1-2 arms... it's feasible Hayden, ADP, Whiteaker, Katskee can be those guys, though, truthfully. Plus we get Holderfield back who I think is true reliever from the left side and bringing in a highly ranked LHP from FL... 

I love where we're at though. 

• Like 1