IU Soccer 2023

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Does anyone know why Josh Maher didn’t enroll in IU early like he was supposed to. My wife and I coached him and his older brother Jack but no one around us is giving an answer to what happened.

not sure. I dont see him listed on the roster.

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

I know it’s weird because in June he was announced as apart of the class. He technically is supposed to be a senior in HS this year but he’s so advanced and playing at such a high level soccer wise that he decided to come to IU a year early.

sounds like you know more than me. He is listed as a '23 recruit. 

Maybe he came a year early and redshirted? This team is LOADED and with 9 seniors.

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

sounds like you know more than me. He is listed as a '23 recruit. 

Maybe he came a year early and redshirted? This team is LOADED and with 9 seniors.

Well if he redshirted he would still be listed on the roster right? He plays the exact same position as his brother. Here are my thoughts. 1. Changed his mind and decided to go back to class of 2024 ( hard to think he wouldn’t want to play one year with his brother) 2. City SC offered him a contract he couldn’t refuse to keep developing under their tutelage (also hard to think as his dad is a successful business owner and IU was picked by all 3 kids for Kelly school of business) 3. He’s going to enroll in school later on.