2024 IU Baseball Schedule

btownqb

Frisco Weekend (Bama, AZ, Dallas Baptist) 

Coastal Weekend (not sure of location)-- Duke, Coastal, and George Mason 

Vandy (midweek) March 12th

May 10th-12th- @Nebraska 

I believe those are the only dates we know of as of now. That's a whale of a start to a schedule, though, and as mentioned in another thread... fully expect to play at least one midweek with INST and one with UL. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First 3 weekends wrapped up.  Usually we've tried to play a home series the 2nd weekend in March. I'd look for a high level MAC school that weekend, possibly ND? 

Feb 16 Coastal 

Feb 23 Baylor 

March 1 Frisco (I'll be there) 

March 12 Vandy 

March 15 Belmont 

May 7 Cinci 

May 10 Nebraska 

May 16 Michigan 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Loved we dumped UK and went over their head and scheduled Vandy. Mercer continues to impress.

Mercer is a real dude. 

Man... I think if we can somehow make a run, and we are PRIMED for one this year. I don't think we take any sort of big step backwards the next 2-3 years after that with who we have lined up coming in... we could really start an impressive run. I want to replace UL in the Midwest as the power. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Mercer is a real dude. 

Man... I think if we can somehow make a run, and we are PRIMED for one this year. I don't think we take any sort of big step backwards the next 2-3 years after that with who we have lined up coming in... we could really start an impressive run. I want to replace UL in the Midwest as the power. 

Sure do hope so. From just an average fan perspective we have everything in place in for a run this year and beyond. Incredible what IU baseball has become. When I attended IU their field was across the street from Briscoe and it was a chain link fence. So happy the strides we've made as a program.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How about a weekend round-robin at Lucas Oil next year? They do this all the time in Minnesota where the Vikings play. Minnesota actually played like 10 games at the Vikings stadium last year. 

One weekend against Houston

One weekend against Ole Miss, Vandy, Hawaii. 

Multiple mid-weeks. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heck.. invite Purdue and they play a round of games, as well. Notre Dame even. 

Friday Notre Dame vs. UCONN (excellent cold weather program) 

Purdue vs. Creighton (cold weather program that is well supported) 

Indiana vs. Oregon State (excellent cold weather program)

Then you rotate who the Indiana teams play the two days after that. 

I'd play this event this first weekend of the season. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another option I think I'd like to try.... Indiana plays a series where the Cubs play spring training, or where the Reds play spring training. Minnesota is doing this is in Ft Myers where their Single A affiliate plays. Maybe that only works since the Twins are where U of M is located? Idk. pretty cool idea though. 

• Like 1